More threads by Scott Rawlins

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
I have an interesting dilemma that I have not run across before. I'm hoping maybe some others have run across this and can help.

A client has an address on their site and most, if not all, directories as Highway 42. However, Google only sees it as Georgia 42 (yep, they're in GA) and does not recognize Highway 42. I have tried to have it changed with Google, but to no avail. Google is the only one not to recognize Highway. Now, USPS is flipped. They only recognize Highway 42 and not Georgia 42. Most others recognize it either way.

If this were your client, how would set up the address in order to maintain NAP consistency? How much of an impact will it have on rankings?

Some thoughts and a Q.

Are they ranking with address as it is now?

If you enter full address in G maps, does it recognize it enough to say "did you mean Georgia 42"?

Have you tried checking the above at MM too?

I think maybe before I started changing anything I would check in at the MM forum and be sure Georgia 42 is correct and should be the address used.

Then IF from everything you check G42 seems correct and IF they are not ranking, bite the bullet and change in Places and the at all the majors.

But IF G42 is correct and IF they are ranking anyway, maybe don't need to worry about it.
Maybe G knows H42 =s G42???

My initial thoughts anyway...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom