iwebresults

Reaction score
Hello, We are a Locksmith already verified in adwords, we are trying to get Advance Verification for Local Services ads for over a year now. We have an open request, but AV team will not respond. Should we open a new request? Will that put us back another year? I have spoken with LS over the phone, and they keep telling me to submit a request for an Update on AV Status using their online form and the LS Account ID, then we get an email from them and then nothing else. We were told they are behind because of Covid, any ideas on how to get an appointment, or even transfer over the AV from adwords?

iwebresults

Reaction score
Yes, and always I put we put our Local Service act number in the request (which is all in the Green) and the "Get help with Advanced Verification" because we have an open request with them which they had been responding to with emails such as; "You have to place an ad before you can apply for Advance verification" We answer back to them- you cannot place an ad in Local Services accounts, we already have Advance Verification in Adwords, but then nothing back except the same email sent previously every few months. The last response from them asked us to identify which google accounts we were using for ads, which we did, and we have not heard back anything, that about a month ago. I am just wondering if I should open a new request or might that push us back to the bottom of the barrel? Its like we got put into some kind of autoresponse, with no real people looking at our emails. I have spoken with our local services rep, and they have contacted AV in their chat, but we get no love. They keep telling us to use that form to request an update which does nothing for us.

TomW

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the additional info. I would open a new request. They should have reached out by now and I would not be concerned about getting pushed back if you open a new request. Let me know if you submit a new request but don't hear back within a week.

iwebresults

Reaction score
We just got the same canned response as before that put us in a loop (there is a credit card on file in the Local Services account, and I did put the Local Services ad account ID, not the Adwords one, in the application) We do have an active adwords account in the same email address that has a credit card and is running ads:
Hello,

We began reviewing your application but we came across one or more issues, described below. Please note that we cannot continue processing your application until the issue(s) listed below are resolved.

Note: Please respond directly to this email thread to avoid technical issues.

Account setup is incomplete

• We tried to review your Google Ads account but found that it does not contain any ads and/or the billing account setup was incomplete. This is required for all accounts. Your account must be completely set up in order for us to review it. Please continue setting up your account and let us know when it's done, and we will proceed with our review.

If you have any questions, please let us know by responding to this email. You can also review the Advanced Verification policies and frequently asked questions.

Sincerely,

Advanced Verification Team

iwebresults

Reaction score
Any ideas on what to do, this response seems to be confusing us with adwords. We already have adwords and AV in that account, this is an endless loop for us.

TomW

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I would try using that same form but enter your Google Ads CID instead of LSA. Still go with the 'get help with Advanced Verification' option.
For the Topic selection I would go with 'other question or issue' and in the field state that you have AV approval for Ads in this account but also need AV approval for LSA.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Eric Rohrback New Advanced GMB Verification Process for Spammy Verticals? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter Online Conference LocalU Advanced Virtual - Wednesday April 7, 2021 Events 3
CarrieHill Thanks to Places Scout for Continuing to be a LocalU Advanced Gold Sponsor Events 5
CarrieHill LocalU Advanced Virtual Nov 10, 2020 - Tickets just $99 Events 1
CarrieHill Announcing LocalU Advanced Virtual November 10th Member Special Discounts [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 0
ganapathy Default Google Ads Extension Phone Number (Advanced information section) in GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
CarrieHill LocalU Advanced Premium Forum Discount Code Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter LocalU Advanced - *Now Virtual* - June 3, 2020 Events 16
Chris Ratchford Anyone familiar w/ Advanced Custom Fields (for WordPress)? Consultant's Corner 6
JoyHawkins LocalU Advanced - Denver, CO - Sept 19, 2019 Events 59
JoyHawkins Advanced Local SEO Training Now Available Online LSF News and Announcements 0
JoyHawkins LocalU Advanced Coming to Santa Monica February 6, 2019 Events 8
Tim Colling LocalU Advanced in Santa Monica was GREAT today! Local Search 0
Ben Bowen GMB "Advanced Information" Labels? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
DanLeibson 2016 Local SEO Ranking Factors Deck from SMX Advanced Local Search 34
Linda Buquet New Local 3 Pack Advanced Hack PLUS Speculation: New Style Local Page Coming? Google My Business & Google Maps 39
Chris Ratchford Recap from the Local U Advanced meeting in Minneapolis Local Search 9
Linda Buquet GEO SERP Screenshot Tracking Tool - ADVANCED Google Local Ranking Troubleshooting Local SEO Tools & Software 16
L Advanced Tip for Google Local Duplicate Discovery & Troubleshooting Google Duplicates & Merges 19
Linda Buquet Advanced Tip for Google Local Troubleshooting & Duplicate Discovery Google My Business & Google Maps 21
Linda Buquet Advanced Tip for Google Local Duplicate Discovery & Troubleshooting Google Duplicates & Merges 19
Linda Buquet Local Search: Super Therapy Session For Advanced Local Marketers #SMX East Local Search 6
Linda Buquet New ADVANCED Google Local Training (Google My Business) Local Search 1
Linda Buquet ADVANCED Google Local Training (Google My Business) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Advanced Local Citation Audit & Clean Up for Higher Rankings Citations 7
Linda Buquet 5 Keys to Local Search Success - By Rand Fishkin - Local U Advanced Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Advanced Tips for Getting Local Schema Markup Right! Phil Rozek & David Deering Local Search 8
Linda Buquet Super Therapy Session For Advanced Local Marketers - SMX Advanced Coverage Local Search 0
Blake Denman SMX Advanced notes Local Search 11
Linda Buquet Gold Nuggets from LocalU Advanced - SMX NYC Local Search 0
L ADVANCED Troubleshooting Tip for Duplicate Discovery, NAP Issues, History Google Duplicates & Merges 7
Linda Buquet ADVANCED Troubleshooting Tip for Duplicate Discovery, NAP Issues, History Google Duplicates & Merges 7
Linda Buquet Reminder: Advanced On-site Local SEO Webinar - Register today! Local Search 0
Linda Buquet NAP Consistency - Local Data Cleanup and Management - Mary Bowling SMX Advanced Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Gold Nuggets from LocalU Advanced - SMX Seattle Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Answers to 40 ADVANCED Local Search Questions Local Search 4
Chris Ratchford LocalU Advanced, March 9, Baltimore... who's going? Local Search 2
sergiuliano What is the best way to do Advanced Local SEO Prospecting ? Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Top 10 Stats - VSa - Advanced Forum Statistics Admin Stuff 4
N Verification STILL Pending - already contacted support Help & Support for Google Local 1
abbiebeltran GMB Verification Postcard Update - What Does 2021 Postcard Look Like? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T GMB Getting suspended after verification. Help & Support for Google Local 6
haileym "Scroll to bottom to confirm" message showing up while waiting for postcard - Verification Question Google My Business & Google Maps 4
BenFisher PSA: GMB Not Showing Address Form on Verification - BUG Google My Business & Google Maps 3
krystaltaing Google My Business Bulk Verification Limit Reached? Multi-Location Issues 0
hajnasiewicz GMB Postcard Delays in Verification All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
AdvoAd Problem with verification Google My Business & Google Maps 2
jpayne7 Business Moved Before GMB Verification (Postcard is Being Sent to Old Location) Moving or Name Changes 9
Hammer Can't enter verification code due to error "To verify your listing, update your business info" All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
liorenda Bulk Account Asking for Postcard Verification Google My Business & Google Maps 5