More threads by sixthcitysarah

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We have a client that is buying a closed dental office and we wanted to get some outside advice on how to approach the GMB listing.

Given that the old/existing listing has reviews mentioning that business name, and that none of the employees will still be working there, that creating a whole new listing and marking the other as closed is the best way to approach the situation?

Would love some second thoughts or any other ideas. Thanks in advance!

Hi Sarah,

Any chance you can share the information of the old/existing GMB?

And is the client who is purchasing the closed dental office new or are they moving from another location to this new location?

Hi Sarah,

Any chance you can share the information of the old/existing GMB?

And is the client who is purchasing the closed dental office new or are they moving from another location to this new location?
I do not have the info on the old/existing GMB on hand, I can see if the client can provide it!

But it is a new office they are expanding to open a 3rd location.

You could certainly try to have the existing owner transfer ownership of the GMB and update the data. But that could come with it's own set of issues. It really depends.

This article is worth reviewing for these scenarios - Moving reviews across listings - Google My Business Help

Change of ownership

If you are the new owner or manager of an existing business that hasn't changed its name, reviews will not be removed. You can use owner responses to respond to previous reviews and clarify any changes/improvements to the services your business is providing.

Change in name

Reviews will not be removed if your business meets the criteria below:

• You make a minor name change
  • You have multiple locations and the business name changes
If your business changes its name but doesn't meet the criteria above, then it's considered a new business and reviews may be removed.

Out of business

If your business closes, reviews will remain attached to the closed business.

You could certainly try to have the existing owner transfer ownership of the GMB and update the data. But that could come with it's own set of issues. It really depends.

This article is worth reviewing for these scenarios - Moving reviews across listings - Google My Business Help

Change of ownership

If you are the new owner or manager of an existing business that hasn't changed its name, reviews will not be removed. You can use owner responses to respond to previous reviews and clarify any changes/improvements to the services your business is providing.

Change in name

Reviews will not be removed if your business meets the criteria below:

• You make a minor name change
  • You have multiple locations and the business name changes
If your business changes its name but doesn't meet the criteria above, then it's considered a new business and reviews may be removed.

Out of business

If your business closes, reviews will remain attached to the closed business.
Thanks for the reply! I will check out that other post you linked and pass it along to my team

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom