Bryan Bloom

Reaction score
For anyone here that uses Ahrefs for keyword alerts for clients. Are you aware Ahrefs eliminated this?

We make a project for each client in Ahrefs and then set up an alert for each client to get weekly updates of the keywords - # of keywords, new/lost, and position changes. This is one of the most important things we provide clients and it happens automatically, which it should!

NOT anymore - Ahrefs removed it. I tweeted to Tim Soulo and he said they removed the ability to email "random emails". Meaning you can't choose client emails anymore.

Is any other agency aware of this and is it an issue for you? I can't be the only one that emails clients reports out of Ahrefs. Please let me know if you are affected as well. Thanks

50645.jpg

Blake Denman

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Would a simple fix be to have a project manager receive all of those emails and then send them to the client with notes and context?

Bryan Bloom

Reaction score
Would a simple fix be to have a project manager receive all of those emails and then send them to the client with notes and context?

@Blake Denman thanks for the reply! Well, we always had, and have, the ability to take a report and forward it. We have 20 clients that every week loved and looked forward to the email report of new keywords, progress, etc...

There really isn't anything we want to add to the report, it stands on it's own, so intercepting it, then trying to remember to forward it, keep all the HTML intact, etc.. is a nightmare, sadly.

All they did was remove the ability to send the report directly to the client each week or month. That is what I was asking about if anyone else used this feature, and how it will affect them ;-(

CarrieHill

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
You could set up a rule in Gmail to automatically forward emails with specific subject lines and from specific emails. It's not ideal, but it might be a work around.

I would guess that outlook does this as well.....
Or there might be a "zap" in Zapier for that......

Bryan Bloom

Reaction score
You could set up a rule in Gmail to automatically forward emails with specific subject lines and from specific emails. It's not ideal, but it might be a work around.

I would guess that outlook does this as well.....
Or there might be a "zap" in Zapier for that......

@CarrieHill You are a smarty pants!! We are going to have to setup 20 zaps for this and it would work... thanks for the suggestion, it's about 8 hours of developer work to do this, test it, reach out to the clients, etc... But we will most likely do that.

Was just hoping to find out if others are as affected or upset as we are, does anyone else use Ahrefs this way. Seems really crazy to us to remove a feature, usually people add them ;-)

CarrieHill

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
@CarrieHill You are a smarty pants!! We are going to have to setup 20 zaps for this and it would work... thanks for the suggestion, it's about 8 hours of developer work to do this, test it, reach out to the clients, etc... But we will most likely do that.

Was just hoping to find out if others are as affected or upset as we are, does anyone else use Ahrefs this way. Seems really crazy to us to remove a feature, usually people add them ;-)
We don't send these reports directly to any clients (that I'm aware of - I'm not an account manager) so we haven't run into this specific problem. Sucks you have to add dev time to work around it - but hopefully, it's a long-term solution!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Ben Walsh Is the reason this page is ranking above a better page because of DR? (ahrefs) Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
M Google keyword planner vs Ahrefs Local Search 1
djbaxter The Google Backlash: Ahrefs to start new search engine Organic SEO 12
L AHRefs Backlink Profile Local Search 7
L Different UR and DR in AHREFS Local Search 2
Linda Buquet 90 SEO Experts Share their Best White Hat Link Building Tips - Ahrefs Blog Organic SEO 2
Greg Bernhardt User asked a question... Q&A area does not exist in brand panel Google My Business & Google Maps 1
K Google & Google Users Removing Items From Service Menu Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter Millions of users affected by malicious Edge and Chrome browser extensions Websites, Software, and Security 1
djbaxter PHP 8: What WordPress Users Need to Know Websites, Software, and Security 0
Bryan Bloom Users added to a GMB but never get an invite.... 👿 Help & Support for Google Local 5
C Finding Google User Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling How to find the email address of another User on a GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
F Just a Little Warning (GMB User Account Safety) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Eoghan_MFeed Does anybody have any idea how many users Apple Maps actually has? Local Search 0
Theo1313 A lot of Unknown Users Requesting GMB Access Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Nick 11 User-agent: * Crawl-Delay: 20 Robots.TXT File Organic SEO 1
djbaxter Ban issued to user aalmarusy Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Ban issued to user Dimitri Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Ban issued to user Dimitri Warnings and Bans 0
A Form to Report Google Users for Spam? Local Search 3
Lanerizz Multiple Users Reporting Spam Spam on Google 2
Paul Lappage Do you need to have specific User permissions to update the Attributes? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Ban issued to user polos001 Warnings and Bans 0
Jorge User with more than 45 Spam Tokens Help & Support for Google Local 2
M Multiple reviews changed to “A Google User” Help & Support for Google Local 2
djbaxter Ban issued to user Wonders Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Ban issued to user Amanikane22 Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Ban issued to user mechristophe Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Ban issued to user mamahealer Warnings and Bans 0
M All Users Audience Disabled Due to Policy Violation > Personal Injury Attorney Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Annika Neudecker Microsoft forcing Office ProPlus users to Bing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
djbaxter Avast antivirus caught spying on user data - and selling it Websites, Software, and Security 1
JoyHawkins New Discounts User-Contributed Attribute in GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
O User edited our list with wrong information Google My Business & Google Maps 2
TomW User Profiles on Maps Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
B Does verifying my GMB prevent users from changing location details so often? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Google Maps Allows Users to Report Spammy Users Google News: Important Changes & Features 16
vivekrpatel A Sudden Spike in Bounce Rate and Users Local Search 6
R User deleted: Backlinking to GMB Listing Recycle Bin 0
ashley.smith Does Google My Business prioritize reviews from Local Guides over other users? Local Reviews 7
djbaxter Ban issued to user babysitter91 Warnings and Bans 0
djbaxter Ban issued to user Chris_Tax Warnings and Bans 0
Nathan_NZ Adding New Users in Google Search Console - Help Needed Organic SEO 2
djbaxter Firefox Users: Update Now to Patch Remote Execution Flaw Websites, Software, and Security 0
djbaxter Security Warning for Gmail and Calendar Users Websites, Software, and Security 0
S User Edits-What is Going On? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
djbaxter Ban issued to user Bryans63 Warnings and Bans 0