More threads by Bryan Bloom

Bryan Bloom

Reaction score
For anyone here that uses Ahrefs for keyword alerts for clients. Are you aware Ahrefs eliminated this?

We make a project for each client in Ahrefs and then set up an alert for each client to get weekly updates of the keywords - # of keywords, new/lost, and position changes. This is one of the most important things we provide clients and it happens automatically, which it should!

NOT anymore - Ahrefs removed it. I tweeted to Tim Soulo and he said they removed the ability to email "random emails". Meaning you can't choose client emails anymore.

Is any other agency aware of this and is it an issue for you? I can't be the only one that emails clients reports out of Ahrefs. Please let me know if you are affected as well. Thanks

50645.jpg

Would a simple fix be to have a project manager receive all of those emails and then send them to the client with notes and context?

Would a simple fix be to have a project manager receive all of those emails and then send them to the client with notes and context?

@Blake Denman thanks for the reply! Well, we always had, and have, the ability to take a report and forward it. We have 20 clients that every week loved and looked forward to the email report of new keywords, progress, etc...

There really isn't anything we want to add to the report, it stands on it's own, so intercepting it, then trying to remember to forward it, keep all the HTML intact, etc.. is a nightmare, sadly.

All they did was remove the ability to send the report directly to the client each week or month. That is what I was asking about if anyone else used this feature, and how it will affect them ;-(

You could set up a rule in Gmail to automatically forward emails with specific subject lines and from specific emails. It's not ideal, but it might be a work around.

I would guess that outlook does this as well.....
Or there might be a "zap" in Zapier for that......

You could set up a rule in Gmail to automatically forward emails with specific subject lines and from specific emails. It's not ideal, but it might be a work around.

I would guess that outlook does this as well.....
Or there might be a "zap" in Zapier for that......

@CarrieHill You are a smarty pants!! We are going to have to setup 20 zaps for this and it would work... thanks for the suggestion, it's about 8 hours of developer work to do this, test it, reach out to the clients, etc... But we will most likely do that.

Was just hoping to find out if others are as affected or upset as we are, does anyone else use Ahrefs this way. Seems really crazy to us to remove a feature, usually people add them ;-)

@CarrieHill You are a smarty pants!! We are going to have to setup 20 zaps for this and it would work... thanks for the suggestion, it's about 8 hours of developer work to do this, test it, reach out to the clients, etc... But we will most likely do that.

Was just hoping to find out if others are as affected or upset as we are, does anyone else use Ahrefs this way. Seems really crazy to us to remove a feature, usually people add them ;-)
We don't send these reports directly to any clients (that I'm aware of - I'm not an account manager) so we haven't run into this specific problem. Sucks you have to add dev time to work around it - but hopefully, it's a long-term solution!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom