More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
So the situation is we have manager access and our client has manager access to their listing. Someone else has OWNER access and nobody has those credentials.

How do we or the client go about upgrading to owner access? I dont see anywhere where I can request that since we are both already managers. Would we remove ourselves THEN request owner access then need to re-verify?

Thanks!

@sarmcl, this is a pure GMB support matter: Request ownership of a Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

Definitely don't relinquish your manager-level access, because then Google will need to determine that you're affiliated with the company in the first place before deciding whether to bump you up to admin-level access. The "manager" status at least establishes that you've got some history with and involvement in the page.

@sarmcl, this is a pure GMB support matter: Request ownership of a Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

Definitely don't relinquish your manager-level access, because then Google will need to determine that you're affiliated with the company in the first place before deciding whether to bump you up to admin-level access. The "manager" status at least establishes that you've got some history with and involvement in the page.

Thank you @Phil Rozek ! We acquired another agency last year and now, of course, nobody knows where any logins are. Very frustrating. Appreciate the quick response!

So the situation is we have manager access and our client has manager access to their listing. Someone else has OWNER access and nobody has those credentials.

How do we or the client go about upgrading to owner access? I dont see anywhere where I can request that since we are both already managers. Would we remove ourselves THEN request owner access then need to re-verify?

Thanks!

Inside your GBP control panel, go to Users. After that, just point your mouse on the name of the mysterious owner. His email will appear. Then send him an email every week for the rest of your (or his) life using any automated bulk mailing software.

If that doesn't work, just do a Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc search on his email. He's bound to show up somewhere. How you nail him after that is up to your creativity.

Let me know if you succeed...if I'm still alive :)

Inside your GBP control panel, go to Users. After that, just point your mouse on the name of the mysterious owner. His email will appear. Then send him an email every week for the rest of your (or his) life using any automated bulk mailing software.

If that doesn't work, just do a Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc search on his email. He's bound to show up somewhere. How you nail him after that is up to your creativity.

Let me know if you succeed...if I'm still alive :)

Yup we tried that but its tied to a group so the email doesnt show up when you hover over it. I went into another account to try and claim it to at least get the email hint and we got that. But seems like those who were part of acquisition have no clue who set that email up

Yup we tried that but its tied to a group so the email doesnt show up when you hover over it. I went into another account to try and claim it to at least get the email hint and we got that. But seems like those who were part of acquisition have no clue who set that email up

The group was created by one of the existing users. Therefore, you just need to ask them.

If this doesn't work, then the Primary Owner can remove that group & upgrade you to Owner. As a Manager, can't you see who the Primary Owner is? I'm a Manager in 1 account. I definitely can see who the Primary Owner is...

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom