More threads by socialadsintexas

Reaction score
I am running a paid google search campaign and I notice that Google recommends several actions, but being that I am new to this, are any of these recommendations in screenshot, recommendations that I can ignore or all all crucial? The business is a tire & wheel store and conversions are coming from just phone calls and a form submission..in case that makes a difference. Thank you for your help!

recommendations.jpg

I will state that each recommendation would be different based on each advertiser's goals.

To review your recommendations above, and based on some of your previous questions:

Bid more efficiently with Maximize conversions using a target CPA
In this recommendation, smart bidding will try to get as many conversions as possible at the target CPA you set. The target CPA is basically setting your desired average cost per conversion. If the target CPA is not set, then smart bidding will try to spend your budget to get as many conversions as possible. On a side note, setting a target CPA too low can limit your ad exposure.

Measure values for your conversions
This recommendation allows you to use your data to identify keywords, ad groups, and campaigns that show a high or low return on investment and manually change bids, budgets, and targeting. However, on your previous post you were looking to use the same value ($1.00) as a conversion value for your calls and online form submissions. That would make this recommendation useless.

Use Display Expansion
You stated in your previous post that you had already turned off Display Expansion. If you have a limited budget, it is best to avoid wasted spend on the Google Display Network.

Add dynamic images
This allows Google to create images for you. Personally, I like full control of the campaigns and their assets.

Enable automatically created assets
This allows Google to create assets for you. Again, I like full control of the campaigns and their assets.

Hope this information is helpful!

I will state that each recommendation would be different based on each advertiser's goals.

To review your recommendations above, and based on some of your previous questions:

Bid more efficiently with Maximize conversions using a target CPA
In this recommendation, smart bidding will try to get as many conversions as possible at the target CPA you set. The target CPA is basically setting your desired average cost per conversion. If the target CPA is not set, then smart bidding will try to spend your budget to get as many conversions as possible. On a side note, setting a target CPA too low can limit your ad exposure.

Measure values for your conversions
This recommendation allows you to use your data to identify keywords, ad groups, and campaigns that show a high or low return on investment and manually change bids, budgets, and targeting. However, on your previous post you were looking to use the same value ($1.00) as a conversion value for your calls and online form submissions. That would make this recommendation useless.

Use Display Expansion
You stated in your previous post that you had already turned off Display Expansion. If you have a limited budget, it is best to avoid wasted spend on the Google Display Network.

Add dynamic images
This allows Google to create images for you. Personally, I like full control of the campaigns and their assets.

Enable automatically created assets
This allows Google to create assets for you. Again, I like full control of the campaigns and their assets.

Hope this information is helpful!

I also agree with you on the full control. These tips are great and they are going in my Google Ads Notebook :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom