More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am contemplating doing some SEO for a plumber on Long Island NY. LI is divided into 2 Counties [Nassau and Suffolk]. The Plumber has new site which is in the finishing stages and I would very much appreciate it if any or you Pros here can give me some tips for doing SEO for these 2 Counties please. These are my immediate questions.

Should I create Location pages for each County or just do SEO for 'Long Island' NY?

Should the kw's be for Long Island or for both Counties Please? Thanks.

He has a GMB for LI.

I think you'll need a flexible website that allows you to continually add service area pages. You'll need all three pages mentioned and you'll probably want to start including some of the larger towns and villages--especially Brookhaven. You'll also want to create supporting content that is location-specific that links back to your service area pages. For example, if you have examples of jobs done in Brookhaven, you can do a blog post or content piece about the job, which links back to the Brookhaven service area page, helping the main Brookhaven page rank higher.

I think you'll need a flexible website that allows you to continually add service area pages. You'll need all three pages mentioned and you'll probably want to start including some of the larger towns and villages--especially Brookhaven. You'll also want to create supporting content that is location-specific that links back to your service area pages. For example, if you have examples of jobs done in Brookhaven, you can do a blog post or content piece about the job, which links back to the Brookhaven service area page, helping the main Brookhaven page rank higher.

Wow, that's SUPER advice, thank you very much! I had never considered the part about about writing a blog based off of a job and linking back to a main page for it, really appreciate that.

Hey guys, I am contemplating doing some SEO for a plumber on Long Island NY. LI is divided into 2 Counties [Nassau and Suffolk]. The Plumber has new site which is in the finishing stages and I would very much appreciate it if any or you Pros here can give me some tips for doing SEO for these 2 Counties please. These are my immediate questions.

Should I create Location pages for each County or just do SEO for 'Long Island' NY?

Should the kw's be for Long Island or for both Counties Please? Thanks.

He has a GMB for LI.

Acharlton is correct regarding location pages for specific towns in those counties. The key is to create those pages making each unique while providing user value. If not done properly Google won't index those pages.
If this plumber also does heating and HVAC you have more opportunities to create content such as Acharlton suggested. My HVAC clients record video of certain projects such as oil to gas conversions. I edit the videos and write a post about the project in which I embed the video. Doing this you end up with 2, possibly 3 results in the SERP. The blog post page, the YouTube video, and possibly another page on your site.

Acharlton is correct regarding location pages for specific towns in those counties. The key is to create those pages making each unique while providing user value. If not done properly Google won't index those pages.
If this plumber also does heating and HVAC you have more opportunities to create content such as Acharlton suggested. My HVAC clients record video of certain projects such as oil to gas conversions. I edit the videos and write a post about the project in which I embed the video. Doing this you end up with 2, possibly 3 results in the SERP. The blog post page, the YouTube video, and possibly another page on your site.

Nice, thank you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom