More threads by ibweb

ibweb

Solutions
Reaction score
We are seeing a significant uptick in backlinks coming into one of our client's websites from .blogspot.com domains as of July. The content on the third party sites looks pretty spammy and likely auto-generated. However, most of the links are actually to images on our website.

Here are a five examples of the blogspot sites (note we've seen Blogspot shutdown a couple of them already, so hopefully they will clean up this spam):
eternomelancolico.blogspot.com
chithalput.blogspot.com
acebook-melmel.blogspot.com
reviveboringhouses.blogspot.com
pret-a-portermmg.blogspot.com

Is anyone else is seeing large backlink upticks from *.blogspot.com subdomains? We are trying to determine if this is legit someone (or some"thing" automated) using our images for their own purposes and citing us (thus creating the backlinks) or potentially a negative SEO attack (due to the sheer volume).

I'm curious to see if anyone else is seeing a similar increase in these blogspot links the last month or so.

I have not seen an uptick, but commonly see such links reported by SEMRush and other tools. These are usually garbage.

Google is very good at ignoring these, so I would not worry. They also just rolled out another update around spam links which would help further ensure these are discounted.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom