More threads by dnp

dnp

Reaction score
Hey all,

Does anybody know if all the info on Apple Maps was pulled from Yelp? If not, is there any way to change/update the details?

We have other clients who have "more on Yelp" at the bottom of their Apple Map listings so I know that their information was from Yelp. But this one listing that I'm looking at doesn't have that, so not sure where the info was pulled from. And they don't have an Apple Business Connect account either.

Thank you!

Solution
Hey @dnp, yes the info is being pulled from Yelp and it doesn't appear that will change anytime soon: Apple Maps' business listings are about to get more detailed with launch of 'Apple Business Connect' (see third paragraph in article)

In order to claim, add, or change the listings on Apple the client will need to create or use an existing Apple ID for Business Connect. If you haven't already, you may want to check out this recent thread on the forum: Apple relaunches Apple Business Connect

Also, just in case you need it, here's the Apple link that will walk thru logging in or creating an Apple ID to use for Business Connect: Business Connect

Here's how to add a new location: Add a new business in Apple...
Hey @dnp, yes the info is being pulled from Yelp and it doesn't appear that will change anytime soon: Apple Maps' business listings are about to get more detailed with launch of 'Apple Business Connect' (see third paragraph in article)

In order to claim, add, or change the listings on Apple the client will need to create or use an existing Apple ID for Business Connect. If you haven't already, you may want to check out this recent thread on the forum: Apple relaunches Apple Business Connect

Also, just in case you need it, here's the Apple link that will walk thru logging in or creating an Apple ID to use for Business Connect: Business Connect

Here's how to add a new location: Add a new business in Apple Business Connect

Lastly, here is great article by @krystaltaing for multi-location businesses on Apple Business Connect: How Multi-location Brands can Leverage Apple Business Connect (formerly Apple Maps Connect) - Local University

Solution
Thank you @JeffClevelandTN for the thorough explanation and these resources. These are so helpful, I really appreciate it!

You are welcome! I would also add that you urge your client to use either a new Apple ID that is associated with a business email address or at a minimum an account that belongs to the business exclusively. I have a feeling that a lot of businesses are going to be dealing with lost or missing credentials, or accounts associated with former employee's Apple IDs at some point in the future. This is the practice we recommend to our clients with GBPs as it makes the process much easier when it is an email address that is associated with the businesses' domain. Just my two cents :).

You are welcome! I would also add that you urge your client to use either a new Apple ID that is associated with a business email address or at a minimum an account that belongs to the business exclusively. I have a feeling that a lot of businesses are going to be dealing with lost or missing credentials, or accounts associated with former employee's Apple IDs at some point in the future. This is the practice we recommend to our clients with GBPs as it makes the process much easier when it is an email address that is associated with the businesses' domain. Just my two cents :).

Will do! thank you for the advice @JeffClevelandTN :)

I have another question, what's gonna happen with the existing listing created/updated by Yelp if we create an Apple Business Connect account?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom