Raph2805

Reaction score
Hi All,

We are starting to manage more and more clients business listings for Apple maps. These businesses dont manage them themselves as they dont have an apple ID or apple hardware within their dealerships....yes they're car dealerships :)

My question is now we have over 100 dealership locations for 9 clients what is the best way to manage Apple Maps listings?

Personal Apple id (current set up)
Create a Apple ID purely for our business name
Create a Apple Business Manager Account

Anyone out there managing bulk apple listings? How do you it!?

Thanks in advance,

Raph

seosemsocial

Reaction score
None of the three impact anything rankings wise. Just look at the convenience in verifying from one account.

While A Maps has an extremely high DA as far as a backlink "potentially" impacting rankings, it's essentially useless, from an SEO perspective.

You get a client set up and verified and move on.

Raph2805

Reaction score
Hi, im not sure you read my question properly. Not once did i mention SEO benefits and trying to rank!

Im looking for the best solution to manage bulk Apple listings which allows us to scale, simple as that.
@Justin Mosebach would you be able to provide any information on this? Thanks in advance

Justin Mosebach

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi @Raph2805, I don't know of a way to do it in bulk, but I would strongly recommend reaching out to Apple Maps support and see if there's an option to do so.

Raph2805

Reaction score
thanks @Justin Mosebach i'll look to do that.

How do you manage Apple listings currently? do you have an agency apple ID or use the clients apple ID which would mean getting login verification each time..?

Justin Mosebach

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
@Raph2805 We use the client's Apple ID. It's annoying, but once you set up the listing, there's no management needed from inside the dashboard (or at least there didn't use to be).

Raph2805

Reaction score
Thanks Justin, weve gone with setting up an agency Apple ID and having all clients listings within that. Lets see how it goes. Would like to think Apple will be making improvements to the connect dashboard at some point1

Reaction score
I have a client with 50 locations. Our team has been editing the names of locations both from the business register, and suggest an edit on maps (both desktop and mobile). They show under review and then do not publish.

All of these locations are under 1 Apple ID and only used for this client. Any ideas why they keep reverting?

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion, I will try this from home instead of the office.

As my client expands they are purchasing other retail locations with a different name. Do you have any best practices for claiming all current listings / duplicates and making front/back end edits (from different ips)?

Justin Mosebach

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
@creekmoremarketing I'm not sure. If they're all part of the same chain or ownership, you *might* be able to ask Apple Maps support if there's a bulk option, but I've never personally used it (if that's even an option).

Justin Mosebach

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
@creekmoremarketing I'd try contacting their support. I'd also check with Whitespark and BrightLocal to see if they can do it without needing to manually verify it.

Next, I'd consider if I even need to claim Apple Maps or if a free 3rd-party listing feeds Apple Maps.

If you absolutely need to claim Apple Maps in bulk and the above ideas don't work, I think some automated services (ex. Yext) feed Apple Maps directly.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

Most UpVoted Answers

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom