sarmcl

Reaction score
We have been adding the Appointment Required option for a bank we manage and they will NOT stick. We keep getting them kicked out as GMB updates that crosses it off and changes it to "Appointment Not Required".......ughhhhhhhhhh

1606769078663.png

Anyone else having this issue???

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
It sounds like you might have a 3rd party tool connected to your listing. You can see what apps currently have access to change your account here: Sign in - Google Accounts. Look for things listed under the third-party apps section that say they have access to manage business listings.

If you don't see anything there, it's possible one of the other owners/managers have it hooked up to something that uses the API and is automatically updating it.

sarmcl

Reaction score
It sounds like you might have a 3rd party tool connected to your listing. You can see what apps currently have access to change your account here: Sign in - Google Accounts. Look for things listed under the third-party apps section that say they have access to manage business listings.

If you don't see anything there, it's possible one of the other owners/managers have it hooked up to something that uses the API and is automatically updating it.

Hey Joy

Nothing other than the usual things we are linked to(e.g. Google Data Studio). ALso, its happening on all banking clients which are 3 different dashboards. Even if I try to remove the update and not accept "Appointment Not Required", the update wont take and it kicks it right out back to the GMB update. Seems to be some sort of glitch. I know its a new feature so maybe thats the issue

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Can you post a thread on the GMB forum (Sign in - Google Accounts) and DM me the link to the thread? I'd be happy to send it to Google for you. Please include the business name & address for the listings you're seeing this happen to along with the screenshot.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
MatGee Adding Make Appointment Button to GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
K New Appointment Link Feature Google My Business & Google Maps 2
abbiebeltran Define Service Options Attribute - Online Appointments NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
EmilyW GMB By Appointment Only: how to reflect COVID-19 impacted hours Google My Business & Google Maps 10
J "Google my Business - Appointments" for an account with many locations Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Niki Gross Appointment Link Service Area Businesses 5
S Appointment URL: Not Available Google My Business & Google Maps 0
A Appointment URL crossed out Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Appointment link increases appointments by 20% Local Search 13
Nikos Appointment URLs in more business types Google My Business & Google Maps 10
H Walk in Clinic and "regular clinic for appointments" in the same building Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet New Google Place Actions Pilot: Dynamic Local Schema for Appointments & Reservations Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Google Partnering with Demandforce to Test Appointment Scheduling Right in the SERPs Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Google Launches Local Restaurant Delivery & Appointment Booking Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Linda Buquet Score a Quadruple Local SEO Win - Appointments, Citations, More Reviews + Backlinks Local Search 18
K Google requiring storefront photos Google Duplicates & Merges 4
A Will adding a secondary category that requires a physical location trigger re-verification for main service based category? Local Search 1
PaulSteinbrueck Apple Maps requiring verification every login? Local Search 3
abbiebeltran Business Licence Required to be Display on Location Page Local Search 1
Mark Rose GMB Management Required Consultant's Corner 2
djbaxter Seeing more contact form spam? Contact Form 7 now requires reCaptcha 3 Websites, Software, and Security 0
djbaxter Should your business implement GDPR whether or not it is required? Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Phil Rozek Google Plus page no longer required to post Google reviews Local Reviews 3
Margaret Ornsby Validation requirement (new for me anyway) for offices in towers Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jannell Howell Help: PIN code requirement for Google account set-ups Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tyson Downs Getting Reviews: What Sites Don't Require an Account? Local Reviews 3
Alex Weiss Unclaimed Google+ page with a company name instead of a person's name, as required. Help & Support for Google Local 4
Travis Van Slooten Who Wants More Clients? PPC and Ongoing SEO Experience Required Consultant's Corner 6
Colan Nielsen Yahoo E-mail Mobile Recovery Number Required Local Search 1
seoWest Birth Date Requirement Google My Business & Google Maps 6
G Still Required to Create Google+, Google+Business Before Creating a Google+Local?? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
NexstarNickR Book Online option for Home Services All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
hajnasiewicz GMB repeatedly changing Health & Safety and Service Options Local Content 6
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
Brian Barwig New Google My Business Messaging Options Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Brian Barwig Overview of New Google My Business Messaging Options Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Greg Bernhardt Bulk verification help, locations in group, no Chain option Multi-Location Issues 1
C Add attributes that aren't given as an option? Google My Business & Google Maps 13
A GSC request indexing feature is currently disabled. Is there another option to request indexing? Organic SEO 1
DanielTexasLira Is "Meeting room" still a GMB business category? I can't find it as an option in GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 3
jpayne7 Claiming SAB That Has No Visible Claim Option Service Area Businesses 5
Hammer No longer getting any verification options but postcard since covid All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
Colan Nielsen "Connect in real-time, with video" Option Inside GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
NevenaIvanova "Mark as temporarily closed" option in GMB not working Google My Business & Google Maps 4
S Really bad GMB reviews, options? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
djbaxter Another option? Update your cancelled or postponed events with Schema Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Tony Wang Messaging option doesn't show on iphone Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Easiest option to index page? Organic SEO 8
Lanerizz Getting Option to Add Products For GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 11
A Ownership Request Options Google My Business & Google Maps 3