JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
AMA Joy Hawkins.jpg

It's a little strange writing this in the 3rd person, but here is the session description:

Have any questions at all about Google My Business and how to optimize your local SEO? This free Office Hours session is your opportunity to get the answers you need from Joy Hawkins, one of the top Google My Business experts in the world.

Learn about the latest Google updates, such as the new "follow" button on Google Maps, the Google+ shut down, and the big change that happened for service area businesses.

Registration Link: Welcome! You are invited to join a webinar: Ask Joy Anything about Google My Business. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.
Joy is the owner of the Local Search Forum and Sterling Sky in Canada. She is also the author of the Expert’s Guide to Local SEO, which is an advanced training manual for people wanting a detailed look at what it takes to succeed in the Local SEO space. She has been working in the industry since 2006. She has a monthly column on Search Engine Land and enjoys speaking regularly at marketing conferences such as SMX, LocalU, Pubcon and State of Search. You can find her on Twitter or volunteering as a Product Expert on the Google My Business Forum.

Eric Shanfelt

Reaction score
Hi Scott. All Local Marketing Institute webinars are free to attend live, and are recorded and archived in our VIP area. You do have to be a VIP member to access the archive, but you can get a free 30-day trial and watch it that way if you'd like.

BTW, tons of questions have come in for Joy. Our last session was a lot of fun and I have no doubt this one will be the same. :)

Nikos

Reaction score
Hi Eric, Joy,

I couldn't watch the webinar due to time difference, is there a link to watch for those of us that didn't have the chance?

Reaction score
Hi Eric, Joy,

I couldn't watch the webinar due to time difference, is there a link to watch for those of us that didn't have the chance?

Hey Nikos! I believe there is a recording, however, you need to be a member of VIP - Local Marketing Institute I believe they offer a free 30-day trial ;)
I might be wrong about this, but I thought that's what they said.

Last edited:

RikerJones

Reaction score
Hey Nikos! I believe there is a recording, however, you need to be a member of LSA (the Local Search Association -https://www.thelsa.org) I believe they offer a free 30-day trial ;)
I might be wrong about this, but I thought that's what they said.

Hi Genna. You actually have to be a member of Local Marketing Institute, not the LSA. Check out VIP - Local Marketing Institute to learn more!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Greg Bernhardt User asked a question... Q&A area does not exist in brand panel Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
D Shortcut URL to "Ask a Question" Button Google My Business & Google Maps 6
liorenda Bulk Account Asking for Postcard Verification Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A GMB asking about "Covid safety practices" through push notifications Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Ben Walsh Am I asking questions in the right place ? Contact Us Messages 1
Danish Blackmail Review (Asking money to remove it) | Google support does not wish to take it down Local Reviews 2
nathangdavidson Asking clients to use specific words in Google reviews, against guidelines? Local Reviews 2
BenFisher Webinar: Ask Ben Fisher Anything, Hosted by The Local Marketing Institute Events 0
keyserholiday Google injecting People Also Ask in GMB KPs Local Search 5
Linda Buquet DUPE Re: Posting Signage Asking For Reviews Recycle Bin 0
A Posting Signage Asking For Reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 11
D Google MY Business and Google Maps Keeps doing the opposite of what I ask! Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Blake Denman Yelp asking if Pok?stops Nearby Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Conor Treacy Google asking opinions in search results Local Search 1
Garrett Sussman Online Review Incentives: Smart Marketing or Asking for Trouble? Local Reviews 24
kbone Asking Clients to Leave Reviews at Business Local Reviews 3
djbaxter Google asks: How do YOU detect duplicate content? Organic SEO 4
Linda Buquet The Fine Art of Asking for and GETTING Local Reviews Local Reviews 6
Linda Buquet Boost Review Follow-Through With this "How to Ask for Reviews" Formula & Script Local Reviews 6
Linda Buquet Does Google Hate Small Businesses? Asks Hubspot Local Search 4
MiriamEllis Something I've always wondered about in GMaps, but never asked Local Search 4
djbaxter Webinar Local Search Clinic with Joy Hawkins May 20 @ 8am PT/11am ET Events 2
CraigJMount Happy Birthday Joy Hawkins!! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 7
djbaxter CallJoy: Why did Google Call it Joy? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 8
T Finding Joy and Success in Real Estate Recycle Bin 0
R Joy allowed me to interview her on my podcast Google My Business & Google Maps 7
djbaxter Local U 2019: Map Spam, Review Stars, Google Winning, Yelp Losing, and Joy Hawkins Local Search 0
Dan Foland Our Very Own Joy Hawkins is the New CEO at Local U! LSF News and Announcements 8
djbaxter Video: SEL interview with Joy Hawkins on reviews and changes in Local Search Local Search 0
Linda Buquet New Ownership: Joy Hawkins' Company Sterling Sky, Inc. Has Acquired the Forum LSF News and Announcements 40
djbaxter Joy Hawkins: The Search Community Honors You Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet Yippie! Joy Joins the Mod Squad Mod Squad 6
Linda Buquet Google My Business Finally Adds Advice for Working w/ SEO Companies - Joy Hawkins Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Possum Update Analysis - Biggest Google Local Update Since Pigeon via Joy Hawkins Google My Business & Google Maps 35
Linda Buquet Google Just Announced at #SMX 3 Pack will include 1 Ad & Only 2 Listings per Joy Paid Search and Local Service Ads 37
Linda Buquet Rank High in Organic but Not in Local? Joy's Post at Search Engine Land Google My Business & Google Maps 16
L Definitive Guide To Duplicate Research For Local SEO - Joy Hawkins Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Linda Buquet Definitive Guide To Duplicate Research For Local SEO - Joy Hawkins Google Duplicates & Merges 6
L Moving Your Office Without Losing your Google Rankings - Joy Hawkins Moving or Name Changes 6
Linda Buquet Moving Your Office Without Losing your Google Rankings - Joy Hawkins Moving or Name Changes 6
L Google Local SEO for Service Area Businesses via Joy Hawkins @Moz Service Area Businesses 6
Linda Buquet Google Local SEO for Service Area Businesses via Joy Hawkins @Moz Service Area Businesses 6
Linda Buquet Don't Rank in the Google Local 3 Pack? Here are Some Hidden Reasons - Joy Hawkins Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet 17 Tips to Help You Measure Local Search ROI & Keep Your Clients! Joy Hawkins Consultant's Corner 4
Linda Buquet Google Ads Dominating on Google Maps App by Joy Hawkins Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins Removed per Joy's Request - Panda 4.0 - How did it Impact Local? Recycle Bin 2
Jo Shaer The Joys of Google Places/Plus/Local/Gaps Google My Business & Google Maps 8