More threads by kyleekay

kyleekay

Reaction score
Hi,

My customer had two Google Business Profiles when she signed on with us. One had an address in Bellevue (old location) and the other had the address in Snoqualmie (new location). Both have reviews that we would like to keep. We changed the address of the one at the old location (Bellevue) to match the new location and then asked Google Support to transfer the reviews from one profile to another. They said "we won't be able to do it as they have different business information when the profile was created initially." So I asked if they could just merge the profiles instead, since now they were both at the same location. I didn't get a response. Then received notice that one of the profiles had been marked duplicate.
Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 5.03.19 PM.jpg

Can anyone help us merge these profiles? We just want to be able to keep all of our reviews. Any help will be so appreciated! Please see details below. Thank you!

Google Support Case # 8-2630000036176

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 5.01.47 PM.jpg

Also when I click on Manage Profile from my dashboard, I get this weird message saying "Your request to manage an existing profile was accepted. You can remove this copy from your Business Profile settings"

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 5.02.26 PM.jpg

Are you sure they have not responded back to you? Google typically marks the listing you are getting rid of as closed or duplicate, which is a normal part of their consolidation method. Also, have any of the reviews transferred over to the active listing? From experience, the review transfer process can take several months.

Thanks for your response. No I never heard back about merging the profiles. They didn't respond to that and instead sent me a survey request. See below. Also no reviews have transferred yet.

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 10.12.52 AM.jpg

In that case, I would recommend starting another ticket as soon as possible. Sometimes it's just a matter of luck, as it really depends on which agent you get.

Thanks for your response. No I never heard back about merging the profiles. They didn't respond to that and instead sent me a survey request. See below. Also no reviews have transferred yet.

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 10.12.52 AM.jpg

Hey Kyleekay,

I have a client that has a similar issue. I'm curious about the results. Any updates?

Jon

As far as I know, a duplicate profile HAS been merged. It's normal that it would still be listed in your profile, you need to manually delete the duplicate one.

As far as I can tell, there is literally no problem here. You have in fact said nothing so far that would indicate anything abnormal went on: Google making a requested change and literally never telling you is in fact a common occurrence!

Are there still two profiles in google maps?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom