Dana Franks

Reaction score
One of our biggest clients is moving to a new location, and they have very well established Google Maps rankings in their area. We want to make sure that as many citations are corrected as possible quickly and consistently, so we are researching citation creation services. I've been looking at Whitespark's Citation Audit and Cleanup Service, Local Listing Ninja and Web 2.0 Ranker's citation cleanup service, and they seem to do what we're looking for - we do NOT want to get a pay-per-month service but instead a one-time payment service that will just handle it, including verifications. Has anyone used one of these or another service and had great results?

Last edited:

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@Dana Franks, I recommend Whitespark's service. One of my helpers tends to handle most of the clean-up for clients, so I don't use the clean-up service by Whitespark, but I know what goes into the sausage, some of my clients have used the clean-up service, and I do use their "niche" citation-building service for certain clients.

Whether you see an uptick (in traffic, rankings, etc.) as a result of clean-up work is a separate question. Unless your clients are strong on pretty much everything else and the citations are real messy, you probably won't see a bump just from that. But having correct info at least on the basic sites is a good idea, so it's usually still worth the one-time expense (or chunk of work, if you do it in-house).

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation, Phil!

@Dana Franks we do a very thorough audit and cleanup on the top sites, and yes, we'll schedule and work through the phone verifications with the business. Another differentiator is our comprehensive NAP variation discovery process. We don't just use the NAP info you provided for the audit. We research to find all previously used and currently used names, addresses, and phone numbers for the business, then we find and clean up all the listings out there under any variation.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Thanks!

Chris Baker

Reaction score
I use Brightlocal but they both work pretty well. The interface on brightlocal I like a little more

Dana Franks

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. We've gone ahead and purchased Whitespark for the big client, but we're also testing the aggregator push with BrightLocal for another client. We've done some correction stuff with BL in the past with individual citations but the slowness of turnaround time has been a bit of a turnoff. I'm hoping that doing it through the aggregators will streamline it a bit.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Not The Best Practice for a GMB / Citations Name Change...and I need opinions. Moving or Name Changes 3
O Best data (citation) aggregation service for SAB? Service Area Businesses 4
onebluesummer Best data (citation) aggregation service for SAB? Service Area Businesses 4
DanLeibson Even The Best Citations Can Suck Citations 9
BWrightTLM Best Service for Citation Building Citations 13
Linda Buquet Mojopages Rebrands as Local Stack & Pros Discuss Best Citations Citations 0
Lloyd Silver Best Options For Using Available Tools For Citation Audit Citations 5
Gsmithmike What is the best citation building tool that can also delete duplicates? Local SEO Tools & Software 6
S What is the best way to do citations when working from home? Citations 9
Dustybones Best Local Citation sites in the UK, US, Canada & Australia Google My Business & Google Maps 2
L Best Citation Sites to Update & Obtain Reviews On Local Search 8
D Best Way to propagate citations. Purchased an SMB: new name, same phone # & Address Citations 3
N The best way to get Citations indexed? Citations 2
Andrew Forster My compilation of the 10 Best Citations for Canadian Businesses Citations 6
shondarogers Best Practice on Company Name in Directories/Citations Help & Support for Google Local 9
Linda Buquet How to Discover the Best Local Citation Opportunities Citations 1
Local Search News Curator Best Sources for Local Citations by City (U.S.) | GetListed.org Citations 0
sixthcitysarah Best platform for business location change? If necessary? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
D Best practice to add GMB logo / icon to a website Help & Support for Google Local 1
WilliamA Best way to select primary category? Trailing 'category' approach? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
T What is the best reporting tool for Local SEO Recycle Bin 0
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
rich_marlatt What is the GMB best practice for moving offices? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
djbaxter Webinar GMB Best Practices for Multi-Location Sites: Live Webinar April 14, 2021 Events 0
FriarTuck00 Best Practice for a Business that is Still Operational but Everyone Works Remotely? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
david.victor GMB Q&A vs your website's FAQ - Best Practices? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Guest Post Outreach - What is the best method? Local Search 5
AdvoAd How to best handle 10+ locations on website Websites, Software, and Security 4
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 5
S Best Tips for Organic Traffic Organic SEO 3
abbiebeltran Amway or Avon - Best Practice Google My Business Service Area Businesses 3
G Best Practice for GMB Service Areas? Service Area Businesses 2
A Best Method to Check sites All Scenarios? Websites, Software, and Security 1
Ben Walsh Best keywords to use for geogrid ranking maps Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
RattlingTram Best Practices for areaServed Schema Markup? Help & Support for Google Local 5
Michael S. Doran Multiple Locations Best Practices Local Search 3
Ben Walsh Best way to contact the GMB team for duplicates, etc., at the moment? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
P Creating Content Silo to improve Category Page (Best Practice Query) Local Content 1
djbaxter Best review ever? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Steve Wiideman Does anyone have a Google My Business claiming best practice guide? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
raellovepie 1 Address - 9 Confirmed Listings | Best way to report? Spam on Google 5
P Claiming 100 locations on Google Maps - what's the best approach? Multi-Location Issues 4
F Best Way to Remove a Practitioner Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 3
Tyler Hammer The Best Aggregator? Citations 3
Ben Walsh Call Tracking best practices Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Ben Walsh Latest Best Practices For Dynamic Tracking with CallRail? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
Nick 11 Best Name To Use In GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 3
mattrigg Best Practice - Content Assets and Linking Local Content 3
Tony Wang Duplicate Review - Best Reason to Flag? Local Reviews 1
P Best Navigation for eCommerce and link sculpting Query Google Algorithm Discussions 3