More threads by Ben Walsh

Ben Walsh

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've repeatably heard people saying one of the best things they did was charge more and niched down. Finally got the message and we going to try a few different things.

One is niching down into a specific Local Industry

The other is trying the rank and rent idea ( this is more of side project )

So my question is this, what thoughts anyone has on the best industries to niche down in or personal experiences in this area. Also which industries to stay away from would be just as valuable.

Also on the rank to rent or sell leads model has anyone actually made this work I'm not seeing a lot of people who are doing well with this idea

There is one more idea that I found fascinating was actually building a local marketing campaign first and start getting leads but then actually building a real business around it may be in say the service. Is this something anyone has tried?

Thanks in advance

So my question is this, what thoughts anyone has on the best industries to niche down in or personal experiences in this area. Also which industries to stay away from would be just as valuable.

Hi Ben,

One way to narrow it down would be to access what types of Local SEO tactics you and your team love to do. And also what you don't like to do or don't want to do.

For instance, if you love spam fighting I would focus on Law Firms or spammy SAB verticals like locksmiths.

If you love reputation management you could look at restaurants and hotels.

Do you have a passion for helping the Mom & Pop shops? In that case focus on the smaller, local establishments.

Anyway, that is where I would start the thought process. Focus on what you love and avoid what you don't enjoy doing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom