More threads by Nick 11

Nick 11

Reaction score
Hi All

New ecommerce website design business is called " Ecommerce London Ninjas".

GMB AI updated Nov 2019 so hyphens and other things are frowned on, I am looking for advice on what listing would work best to try and rank in Google 3 Pack:

Ecommerce London Ninjas of London.

Ecommerce Websites by Ecommerce London Ninjas.

or other versions?

Thanks

I'm not a local expert by any means but I don't like either of your suggestions - they look like pure spam and it would surprise me greatly if GMB allowed them to stand.

My recommendation would be to use the business name, Ecommerce London Ninjas. Easy to defend. Add in other search terms on your website - don't try to stuff them into GMB.

@Nick 11 - GMB Guidelines require that you use your real-world name. "Real-world" means the name on your website, on your letterhead, how you answer the phone, etc. (This may be different than your legal name.) In fact, the guidelines explicitly forbid keyword stuffing. To quote: " Including unnecessary information in your business name is not permitted, and could result in your listing being suspended."

So, the name you use on GMB isn't really a decision you have to ponder.

Does stuffing keywords (e.g. services, location) into your name help with rankings? Yes.

Does keyword stuffing guarantee a suspension? No. In fact, likely not. Great examination by @Colan Nielsen here: How Does Google My Business Penalize Keyword Stuffing: 50 Examples [Case Study] - Sterling Sky Inc

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom