More threads by dotgal

dotgal

Reaction score
I'm not asking about how to embed a GMB listing to show a Google Maps location on a website. Rather, I want to know if it is good practice to add a GMB icon and link to the GMB listing similar to how a website would have social media icons. Note, that GMB map listing will be embedded on the website already.

@dotgal, if I understand the question correctly, yes: I suggest linking to your GMB URL (it's not publicly accessible as a page anymore, technically) on your website, where appropriate. I tend to link to it in a few places:

1. In the footer, where I list the address. (The address is hyperlinked, and opens into Google Maps in a new browser tab.)

2. Wherever we mention driving directions or describe the business's location - like on the "contact" page - if it's a bricks-and-mortar business.

3. Next to any Google review we copy and paste onto the site. I tend to add a "(read review on Google Maps)" link after any given review, and that links back to the customer's review as displayed on the GMB page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom