Bishop

Reaction score
I sign up for about 100 citations and now a few of the fake yellow pages are trying to bill me for my free listings. The invoices in the mail look real, but they are not. And both of the mailings come from companies that have 100's of complains to the BBB.

{edited by Linda to remove names and addresses} - Here are links to the BBB complaints for both companies:

Complains to BBB

Complaints via BBB

I plan to ignore the invoices, but I am concerned that they may try to ding my credit report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashwin

Reaction score
Sounds scary! If you don't mind, can you please send me a copy of the email / snail mail you received from that particular IYP?

I can run it by someone to see if it can indeed ding your credit score in any way.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Linda Buquet Beware Nasty URL Hack on Verified Local Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 7
HurricaneK8 LAWSUIT THREAT REMOVED - BEWARE: Phonepages.ca and Canadapages.ca Recycle Bin 3
Michael S. Doran Beware of this potential problem Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Travis Van Slooten If You Accept Payments Through PayPal, Beware - You Could Lose Your Money! Consultant's Corner 10
Bishop Citiation question Google My Business & Google Maps 7
EmilyW Yellow Pages: change phone number to claim? Local Search 3
M Internet Yellow Pages Listings Worth the Money? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Update a Yellow Pages Listing? Local Search 14
S Problems with Yellow Pages Local Search 3
H Is there any way to bulk claim Yellow Pages listings? Local Search 2
G Magic Yellow Citations 2
shondarogers Reporting slanderous review to Yellow Pages Local Search 2
D Dealing With Yellow Pages Adwords Ads Targeting Your Brand Name Marketing 0
accessted Yellow page city YPC Media Citations 2
Dustybones Yellow Pages, Reach Local and Yodle issues Local Search 0
Larry Yellow Pages Call Tracking Citations 9
M Dealing with listings created by third parties (E.g. Yellow Pages) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
L Hyper-Local Landing Pages: the Yellow Brick Road for Local Search Local Content 5
Linda Buquet Hyper-Local Landing Pages: the Yellow Brick Road for Local Search Local Content 5
Colan Nielsen Photos and Yellow Pages Local Search 0