More threads by JasonKhoo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can help me figure out the blocked resources section of Google Search Console. For one of our sites that was hit by the algorithm update August 1st, I am now just seeing this report on Google Search Console

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 8.04.50 PM.png

We see all these blocked resources starting July 31st. The blocked resources have since dropped back down to zero, but my team would like to see what was submitted on those dates to be blocked.

I'm thinking that this may have contributed to our drop in rankings, if major pages were being blocked. However, Google Search Console provides no way to see the robots.txt file at that time nor can I see what was being blocked.

Any input on how I can figure out what was being blocked?

Jason Khoo

If you do a comparison of two weeks in August when there were blocked resources, to two weeks in Sept after everything cleared up, you might be able to pick out the pages that were affected.

@Yan Gilbert that is a great idea! Thanks!

With over 160 pages with blocked resources, thats probably going to be 90% of our pages, but still might point us in the right direction.

@JasonKhoo Did you have any external resources on your site during this time? On thing to keep in mind with this report is that it also reports blocked resources from 3rd party sites for example, if you were testing ads, or testing a 3rd party chat service for example it's possible (and likely) that these 3rd party tools were blocking resources. Blocked resources from 3rd party tools are super common and not a bad thing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom