djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Fake Reviews Are a Real Problem: 8 Statistics That Show Why
by Jamie Pitman, BrightLocal
Nov 6, 2019

Highlights:
  • 74% of consumers have read a fake review in the last year, though they’re not always easy to spot
  • 89% of 18-34-year-olds have read a fake review in the last year
  • Reviews with repeated exclamation points are more likely to come from reviewers who have never made a purchase
  • Fake reviewers are much more likely to make specific requests to the seller or business
  • The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) estimates fake reviews potentially influence £23bn of UK customer spending each year
  • One in seven TripAdvisor reviews could be fake
  • 61% of electronics reviews on Amazon are fake
  • 55,000 fake reviews are generated on Facebook per month

Read more...

Fake reviews don't bother me. What bothers me is real reviews from stupid people. People who give a low rating for a reason that doesn't make any sense and is often their own mistake or ignorance.

Reviews are worth what you pay for them.

??? What does that mean?
It's a saying.

You didn't pay for the review that you are reading, so you can't expect much value out of it.

Just to clarify, my post above was from the view of the consumer, not the business owner.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom