More threads by BeyondImage

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm searching to see if someone has been able to use Ranktank's address finder or if they have the same problem and if we know of any others out there?

https://www.ranktank.org/find-business-address-by-website-domain/

I was trying to use it to gain competitor info from their links and seems like it would be a great tool and organized if it was working for me. Their unmentioned links tool works great.

Thanks in advance

Hi BI, sorry for lack of replies. Once Friday hits everyone checks out for the weekend. :p

Hopefully you'll get some replies today or tomorrow.

Just in case this got swamped....any thoughts from the crowd on this hump day?! or even potential fixes or seeing that it works for someone else?

Sorry, I tried it but it did not work for me.

Time waster, I'm afraid.

Thanks, I mean the other tools he has are great! And this one would be as well. Any thoughts on another similar way to get results like this?

There's a million tools like this that come and go. API's change, things eventually get deprecated, and what used to work stops working one day. A lot of these custom tools in the internet space are even worse, since there's often not an API to do what you need, so you end up relying on scrapers and other tools that just try and read the page as-is. Tools like that, without constant updating, have a life span in the months instead of years.

One tool you should explore is Places Scout. It won't give you the information from a list of domains, but it will pull a ton of information from all the domains ranking for a given keyword in a given city. interested in looking at every auto repair shop in your city and see what the top ones are doing different than the bottom ones? Now you can. You can pull a huge amount of information too, they've got a points based system that's fairly intuitive for setting everything up. Majestic scores, domain information, Google My Business profile information, geographic distance from centroid, reviews, categories, citations, there's a ton of stuff you can pull and compare. They have a 14 day free trial I believe, so you can try it out and see if it fits your needs.

Places Scout partnered with Dan Leibson to gather the data used in the recent local rankings study he put out too, so I know I'm not the only one that likes them. I haven't found any other tools that even come close to their flexibility and options for competitive research, and I've been trying a number of the options out the last few months.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom