More threads by luischavez0104

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, one of our clients' GBP profile is showing up in search but in the GBP dashboard they are still waiting on a postcard. My understanding was that until a business is verified and live in the backend their profile will not show in results. The worry is that potential customers will see the profile with bare information and not convert. Has anyone ran into this situation before?

Are you logged in when viewing? Meaning, the same account you submitted with (or have access to GBP) you're viewing the search results?

Make sure you're in incognito and you shouldn't see the listing.

1) If you're claiming an existing GBP, that GBP remains visible normally throughout the process.
2) If the GBP was initially verified, but is being revalidated (e.g. because of a move, or because google asked for a SECOND validation after you completed the first), then the initial version can show in SERP normally (unless it's hard-suspended, the only difference is new content won't be visible until you revalidate).

Normally a profile created at backend (not via user suggestions) should not be visible in the SERP themselves (the Google FInder, or on maps) until it has been verified, but you could be seeing a duplicate, and it can still display as a panel on the right-hand side if you are in edit-in-search mode.

1) If you're claiming an existing GBP, that GBP remains visible normally throughout the process.
2) If the GBP was initially verified, but is being revalidated (e.g. because of a move, or because google asked for a SECOND validation after you completed the first), then the initial version can show in SERP normally (unless it's hard-suspended, the only difference is new content won't be visible until you revalidate).

Normally a profile created at backend (not via user suggestions) should not be visible in the SERP themselves (the Google FInder, or on maps) until it has been verified, but you could be seeing a duplicate, and it can still display as a panel on the right-hand side if you are in edit-in-search mode.

Hi, Thank you for your response! However, this listing is an initial setup and is not a duplicate. I had other people on our team try to search the listing up under their personal google accounts and it is still showing.

sunshine-1.jpg

sunshine-2.jpg

Fascinating. I don't usually deal with profile creation in our agency, so I can't really comment much further than what I said above. I'm curious to hear what other will have to say, though!

Fascinating. I don't usually deal with profile creation in our agency, so I can't really comment much further than what I said above. I'm curious to hear what other will have to say, though!

Yes, and it's only happening with some listings not all of them which is strange. May be something google is testing.

For what it's worth, it's also showing on my end when I search from Omaha Nebraska. I know it says "Own this business" but it seems to have some sort of approval on there already done. Maybe it was pulled from a 3rd party, or it has already been approved.

In years past, our agency account would pretty much validate the site without having to get postcards etc. Maybe something similar happened on your end?

It definitely is showing :)

Hi, one of our clients' GBP profile is showing up in search but in the GBP dashboard they are still waiting on a postcard. My understanding was that until a business is verified and live in the backend their profile will not show in results. The worry is that potential customers will see the profile with bare information and not convert. Has anyone ran into this situation before?

This is normal behaviour. If you don't verify your business within a certain period of time (God knows what a certain period means), your listing will show up in the search results anyway. At this stage, your listing is known as an Unclaimed Business. An Unclaimed Business can be hijacked by anyone. Therefore, the onus is on you to quickly verify it.

The business profile is claimed. The screenshot shows that the hours were verified by the business and when I expand the profile the claim this business link is missing. Click own this business to request access to the business profile so that you can manage it.

The business profile is claimed. The screenshot shows that the hours were verified by the business and when I expand the profile the claim this business link is missing. Click own this business to request access to the business profile so that you can manage it.

Hi Jason! I have access to the listing under the account that it was set up. On the back end it is still asking for me to insert the postcard.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom