More threads by RobinOctane

Reaction score
We have a good company that has two offices. About 14 miles apart from each other.

Office #1 New Main Office for the past year
Office #2 Old Office as of a year ago, still used for business.

All of my SEO work for the past year (clean up of NAP, creation of listings, changing address from Office #2 to Office #1, website has both address, I have 2 google plus pages, 2 google listings, etc) has focused on the current Main Office.

Should I go ahead and put a different phone number on Office #2 listings in Google, Bing, etc?

Been thinking about Duplicate listings today after reading the Slideshow here. Insidelocal - Enhanced Citation optimization for Local Search Great...

Thanks.

Should have different phone because otherwise there is a chance of merging.

Also Google will not typically give the same business 2 Places in the 7 pack so realize no matter how you cut they are competing with each other if in same city. So changing phone on the old listing could help the new on rank a little better possibly.

Should have different phone because otherwise there is a chance of merging.

Also Google will not typically give the same business 2 Places in the 7 pack so realize no matter how you cut they are competing with each other if in same city. So changing phone on the old listing could help the new on rank a little better possibly.

I am used to cleaning up NAP related information as well as duplicate listings on google and elsewhere.

So I have a question, I have a client who has two different businesses running from the same location (Address and Phone Number). One is a Denture Business and the other is a Dental business. They have 2 different websites; however the address and phone number information is the same. I may be able to get them to get a different number but is that enough to separate it for NAP related information for Google and other related search engines?

Should I also setup a different google local/places/plus page ;P as well for the new dental business?

Should I also setup a different google local/places/plus page ;P as well for the new dental business?

No only one listing is allowed per business. This is really ONE business, just sort of 2 divisions. You'll have to just try to rank the denture site via organic.

SO I changed the number in the listing. However Google is showing it as the old one (which is the same at the other location).

Would it be beneficial to be logged in under my quite active Google Plus personal profile and suggest the change?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom