More threads by tboneforlife

tboneforlife

Reaction score
Help! A friend of mine that has been managing sales/marketing for a local biz with 15+ locations just verified a handful of new listings via phone but their main number can't receive text messages and they didn't know they couldn't change their phone numbers after verifying the listings (they were trying to avoid the dreaded video verification o_O). This resulted in all of their listings being suspended (even their old listings).

They panicked and submitted a reinstatement request before gathering all of the necessary information to prove they are legit (they have physical warehouses with proof of lease) in all of the locations where they are creating listings.

Spring/Summer is go time for this business (they spend $40k-$70k/mo in LSA) during their busy seasons, and this could seriously impact the livelihood of their employees in the field if they don't get this figured out ASAP.

Is there any way to add information to the reinstatement request after it is submitted? Is there anyway to expedite the review process?

Thanks to anyone that can help in advance. 🙏

Hey tboneforlife,

I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately, their isn't going to be a quick and easy way to fix this situation. :-(

To answer your questions, no, there isn't a way to speed up the process. Unfortunately, you have to wait until they have made a decision. There is also no way to add additional information before they review your case.

The good news is that it usually doesn't take too long to make the decision. I have seen a turnaround recently of 3-5 days, sometimes as soon as 24 hours.

When you say you submitted the request, did you submit the request for all 15+ listings, or did you do them individually?

Hey tboneforlife,

I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately, their isn't going to be a quick and easy way to fix this situation. :-(

To answer your questions, no, there isn't a way to speed up the process. Unfortunately, you have to wait until they have made a decision. There is also no way to add additional information before they review your case.

The good news is that it usually doesn't take too long to make the decision. I have seen a turnaround recently of 3-5 days, sometimes as soon as 24 hours.

When you say you submitted the request, did you submit the request for all 15+ listings, or did you do them individually?

My friend said they submitted the request for all the listings as a whole. Since that's the case, it sounds like we may see a response as early as 24 hrs or at least in the next 3-5 days, right?

Thanks for your response, Andrea.

Yeah, you should hear back from them shortly. In the past, when similar situations have happened, we have had to submit each listing separately. Now that the new process is in place, I'm not sure if that has changed. Hopefully, it has, for your guys' sake. But just so you are aware, it might get rejected for that reason, too.

If the user who caused the suspension is still on the account, Google will not reinstate them. Also, you need to make sure that all locations are within the guidelines. The good thing is that they have another chance if it is denied.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom