More threads by Tim Colling

Call Tracking vendors - Which to you use for GMB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
And add comments about why you like the one that you voted for, if you have time.

CallRail is great and fairly easy to setup and use. I mainly use it for local clients doing Google Ads, but also GMB and Facebook Ads where applicable. It integrates nicely with the reporting platform that I use (Swydo) and has great stand alone reporting too. It's my go to call tracking system.

I have a real estate client that we use Call Tracking Metrics (they had it before I started with them). It is a very complex system and can do a lot of complex configurations. (Ex: Setting up multiple queues for agent leads / roundrobin leads, different voicemail greetings or voice menu routings, ring for X seconds, then ring someone else and so on and so on.) If you need very specific and complex setups, this one can do it. It's not as user friendly and is overkill for most of our local clients, but works well if needed.

I'm asking about this because we currently use Call Tracking Metrics for all of our clients. It is indeed very powerful and somewhat complex. It also seems to me to be very expensive, and I speculate that there may be a more affordable and sufficiently featured solution, perhaps Twilio?

I'm asking about this because we currently use Call Tracking Metrics for all of our clients. It is indeed very powerful and somewhat complex. It also seems to me to be very expensive, and I speculate that there may be a more affordable and sufficiently featured solution, perhaps Twilio?

I prefer CallRail over Call Tracking Metrics. It’s way easier to setup multiple tracking numbers. Also, the way the CTM event data is sent into Google Analytics seems wonky to me. The way CallRail sends event data into Google Analytics is easy to view and seems designed to work with Google’s product better. I may be missing something but have had several calls with CTM and each time the call ended with me feeling dumb founded. Not sure if anyone else has had the same issues.

I prefer CallRail over Call Tracking Metrics. It’s way easier to setup multiple tracking numbers. Also, the way the CTM event data is sent into Google Analytics seems wonky to me. The way CallRail sends event data into Google Analytics is easy to view and seems designed to work with Google’s product better. I may be missing something but have had several calls with CTM and each time the call ended with me feeling dumb founded. Not sure if anyone else has had the same issues.

No, not just you.

That's how they've been set up. You have to realize most companies have different ways of operating based on founders with different backgrounds. They operate differently and refer to it as a "software". CallRail on the other hand has the new age, startup tempo and that reflects on their product which is an "app". They also have venture funding so they have some really smart brains in UX and Product overseeing things like that.

Call Tracking Metrics on the other hand doesn't have such a background, so their culture works in a top down fashion. Where the founders exercise a "meh" attitude to some customer comments resulting in every one following that attitude. I've heard from numerous other customers that they take feedback in whatever way that suits them and go from there - hence the complexity. They build when someone special asks for some thing special, and that leads to breakage in other places. Their UI hasn't had a change in forever and no their recent sidebar UI doesn't count - whereas CallRail has had 2-3 over the years which isn't necessarily a good thing. But it's never been opposed CallRail customers.

For now, Call Tracking Metrics works. But like you said, they're wonky. And it's not just limited to Google Analytics.

I always recommend CallRail.

Howdy - so I'm going to throw my hat in the ring here. Juvoleads.com - we offer a lower priced and simplified solution compared to Call Rail and CTM but we're also a deeper solution. (If this is an inappropriate post please remove - just thought it was ok since it's literally about what we do :)

Price:
Starter Price: $19.99 = 10 lines & 5000 minutes
Additional local lines = $3.5 includes 200 minutes per.

Simplicity: Our system automatically assigns lines based on traffic so we take the guess work out of choosing lines for Dynamic Call tracking.

Deeper:
1. Optional Form Tracking
2. Optional Integrated Done-for-you Live Website Chat Service (Human chat agents)
3. Email Based Lead Reports
4. Unified ALL LEADS dashboard
5. Unified Lead Notifications for all Forms/Calls/SMS/Chats
6. FB Lead Ads Integrated (fb leads go straight to you no need to pull them out of FB)
7. Offline Conversion Tracking (passes back data to Google Ads so you can run Target ROAS for lead based businesses/firms)

If you have any question please check out our site, ping me here, or email me: ted@juvoleads.com

Thank you :)

Again - not trying to spam. The question was about call tracking solutions. The only ones brought up were basically the 2 largest players in the space so I wanted to throw my hat in the ring :)

I've been using PhoneWagon for 18 months and been happy with it. Solid platform and features yet with reasonable pricing. CallRail has some really cool integrations and all the bells and whistles though so they are tempting.

@Tim Colling Callrail is built on the top of twilio's platform. I haven't compared pricing but Callrail will be making a markup on numbers.

That being said one huge advantage is that callrail is much easier to set-up compared to twilio with things like dynamic numbers for your website.

I use to work for a call tracking vendor in the UK so know all the UK tools very well, and have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with Callrail in comparison.

I've got most of my clients set-up on it, its easy to manage from an agency perspective and the whole host of functionality and features are great - especially things like call transcription and keyword spotting.

I've also got a few clients with advanced set-ups using their Zapier integration so I can pull additional data into Google Analytics.

Side point to call tracking but they also offer form tracking, and now got a live chat Beta, so they are becoming a great 'all-in-one' type solution IMO

Thank you everyone for your opinions. (y)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom