More threads by leigh.trask

leigh.trask

Reaction score
Hello Team,

I have a question with regards to setting up a listing services campaign in Whitespark for a client.

Painting the Picture​

Currently, I have a client who has multiple locations for their business.

PROS:​

• They currently have a dedicated Google Business Profile accounts and Property LLPs created for each location (SCORE!)

CON:​

• They currently have their own internal call tracking set up that we are unexposed to.
  • The call tracking is set up in a way that has 2 unique numbers created for each individual location, 1 for GBP & 1 for their Property LLP.

The WhiteSpark team has reach out to us about the discrepancies between the GMB phone numbers, which are the ones we submitted within the local services campaign dashboard upon initiating Whitespark order) and the phone numbers found on the Primary LLPs. They were asking which set of data to use.

My question would be this:
From a citation standpoint, which would be the most consistent number to use for creating these new listings? Keep in mind they are both being tracked differently.

Of course, the best option would be to help them configure their call tracking in a way that makes sense to Google, but they are not willing to even think about walking down that road. They will not budge.

Any specific route you may take outside of trying to get them to re-configure?

I look forward to your feedback, if any!

Solution
Hi @leigh.trask, I "think" I understand the question :). If I misunderstood, just let me know.

Google allows you to have up to three phone numbers on your GBP; Primary number and two additional. If they have one dedicated for GBP, I'd put that one in the primary and the LLP as the secondary. I'd recommend using the number assigned as the primary as the number used for citation use.

If they are doing separate marketing for the LLPs, using the LLP number as the Primary GBP number would skew the call tracking and most likely inflate the number of calls that really aren't attributed to their marketing efforts.
Hi @leigh.trask, I "think" I understand the question :). If I misunderstood, just let me know.

Google allows you to have up to three phone numbers on your GBP; Primary number and two additional. If they have one dedicated for GBP, I'd put that one in the primary and the LLP as the secondary. I'd recommend using the number assigned as the primary as the number used for citation use.

If they are doing separate marketing for the LLPs, using the LLP number as the Primary GBP number would skew the call tracking and most likely inflate the number of calls that really aren't attributed to their marketing efforts.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom