More threads by erjdavis

Reaction score
I'm helping a client with their local search. Right now they have 3 different Google My Business pages that all have the same address and phone number.

#1 is "Their Practice Name"
#2 is "Doctor #1 Name"
#3 is "Doctor #2 Name"

Currently, #2 is listed in the top 7 when you search for their service + city name.

Should I contact Google and ask them to merge all 3 together so the business name is the only page? Do you think I will lose the rankings?

Any thoughts/guidance will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi erj,

Google won't ever merge Dr dupes. They stopped doing that a couple years ago.

Google will no longer remove practitioner listings and it can cause you to lose reviews as well as cause ranking problems. Ranking problems include the Dr listing replacing the practice in the pack OR just locking the practice out and none if them rank.

I wrote up a strategy for dealing with the ranking problem below. All the consultants that have tried it tell me it works well.

Read both in detail in order. (1st explains problem, 2nd explains solution.)

<a href="http://marketing-blog.catalystemarketing.com/google-places-duplicates-doctor-dentist-lawyer.html">Google Places DUPLICATES ? Have Doctor, Dentist or Lawyer DUPES? You NEED to Read This</a>

<a href="http://marketing-blog.catalystemarketing.com/google-places-duplicate-listing-dentists-doctors.html">Overcoming New Google Places Duplicate Listing Problems for Dentists, Doctors, Attorneys</a>

Hope that helps and best of luck!

Hey erj, Linda is correct. The only time we have had success with having Google remove a practitioner listing is when that doctor is the only doctor at that practice. Take the time to read her guides. There is a wealth of info in there and if possible take advantage of her training. Its saved us a ton of time and helped in so many ways. well worth the money spent!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom