foxxr

Reaction score
Is there any harm in creating a "Top Rated on Google" badge and placing it on a website? The client has 100's of five-star reviews. All legit.

I couldn't find any documentation that would indicate a violation.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't say "top" (because it's ambiguous what list you're referring to and how you stack up) but would definitely put something like 5-star rated on Google etc. We usually embed the Google Map so it shows the stars (like here: Contact - Sterling Sky Inc)

j_holtslander

Reaction score
There are some Wordpress Google Review plugins that use the API to pull/display your Google Reviews and Ratings. Could use that.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Dustybones Hey! Look who Brightlocal put at the top for Local Search Communities! Local Search 2
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Dana Franks Google putting home page title keyword on other pages Organic SEO 6
champiso Popups in the mobile to put a review to the exit of a local business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Putting the City Name in Dentist's GMB Listing Local Search 11
bhartzer Added New Place on Maps.. Google Puts Location as My House Google My Business & Google Maps 2
V If you could put an office for a sab anywhere in the city where would you put it? Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 10 Content & Copywriting Tips for Dentists that Put you Ahead of the Pack Local Search 0
Linda Buquet ▶ Google's Massive Effort to Help 30,000 Cities Put Local Businesses On the Map Google My Business & Google Maps 6
K Hacker puts giant cat on Google Maps Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
D What happens when a business moves and puts up a new URL Local Reviews 2
L 10 Guidelines for Putting NAP Info on Your Site - Phil Rozek NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
Linda Buquet 10 Guidelines for Putting NAP Info on Your Site - Phil Rozek NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
billbean Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Local Reviews 0
Linda Buquet New Book: "Five Stars: Putting Online Reviews to Work for Your Business" Local Reviews 1
Bishop Can you put price of service in Google + Business title? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L Careful Where You Put that Thang! Google Map Marker Warning for SABs Service Area Businesses 8
Linda Buquet Careful Where You Put that Thang! Google Map Marker Warning for SABs Service Area Businesses 8
K Better to put City Before or After Keyword Local Search 28
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
Colan Nielsen Top 10 Changes That Impacted Google My Business in 2020 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen Top 10 Changes That Impacted Google My Business in 2020 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
xds40 Top Rated Icon Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M News Section at Top of Organic Search? Organic SEO 0
PaulSteinbrueck What is this at the top of the SERPs and how do you get in? Local Search 8
M Spam at top of SERPs Spam on Google 8
LocalSEODat Can someone help with this Top Snack Pk ranking fake GMB listing? Spam on Google 3
djbaxter Microsoft Defender ATP gets top scoring in industry tests Websites, Software, and Security 0
AndySimpson A+ local guide's post getting pushed to the top of the reviews Local Reviews 3
M North Face tried to scam Wikipedia to get its products to the top of Google search Organic SEO 0
razorclicks The Top 5 Factors for a Review to be marked Most Relevant Local Reviews 5
Ryan Steinolfson What are your Top 5 suggestions? Google My Business & Google Maps 23
Tim Colling Is this post a little too over the top, spam-wise? Local Search Experts Forum 7
jasonfox A client was ranking in the top 3 results on map pack and after web redesign has fallen to 11 Local Search 7
whiz Consultants: Competitive Analysis for Local Ranking - What are top factors you check? Consultant's Corner 19
C Top Orphan Local Directories Local Search 1
djbaxter Top web browsers 2018: Chrome, then everyone else Websites, Software, and Security 2
Linda Buquet NEW - Find Top Ranking KeyWords for Any Site from Moz Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Linda Buquet Friday Funnies: 20 Jokes Only a Marketer Could Love LOL - Top Rank Blog Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
Digitaldar Ads in top 4 plus bottom of page? Local Search 4
Matt Casady Will Top Storage Citation Sources Cause NAP Issues? Citations 7
Linda Buquet Top 100 Local Business Directories/Citations for Local SEO by Andrew Shotland @Yext Citations 12
profzam Top traditional healer $spells caster in business/love spells/financial +27839894244 Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Local Impact - 4 Google Adwords on Top Paid Search and Local Service Ads 7
P Google no longer shows ads on right side, adds another ad spot to the top of the SERP Local Search 1
Brent Fluxx Media Not ranking in the top of maps. Yext cleanup? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter SearchEngineLand: Top 10 Local Search Columns Of 2015 Google Local 101 0
fixascrew Is it impossible to rank in the top 3 here? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Linda Buquet Peek Inside the Google Top Contributor Summit This Week Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Top 3 Local Search Necessities: Links, Citations & Maps, Oh my! Google Local 101 1