More threads by Kurt Steinbrueck

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client that used to work with another marketer. When they switched to my managing their Google Ads (GA), their old provider shared the Google account with me, but didn't change the billing account and I can't find a way to remove them. So, I created a new Google Ads account and started from scratch. That's been fine, however, recently, the client was notified about needing to update their certification info in the Local Service Ads (LSA) account which is connected to their old providers GA account that is no longer being used.

Is it possible to move the client's LSA account from the old providers GA account to the account I created for them? They are considering doing LSAs and I'd rather not have to start the verification process and lose everything associated with their old LSA account.

Thanks.
Kurt

Hi Kurt, I don't know of a way to combine the client's LSA account with the new Google Ads you created for them because they both have separate CID's. However, you could possibly add the client's existing LSA account to an MCC to make it easier to manage both accounts.

What access level do you have on the client's existing LSA account?

Hi Kurt, I don't know of a way to combine the client's LSA account with the new Google Ads you created for them because they both have separate CID's. However, you could possibly add the client's existing LSA account to an MCC to make it easier to manage both accounts.

What access level do you have on the client's existing LSA account?

Thanks Matt,

I have full access except that the old provider is set up for the billing and I don't see a way to remove/replace them. Unfortunately, that makes the whole account unusable since I can't very well bill the old provider for the ad clicks.

Kurt

Kurt, I'm assuming you have tried removing the old provider through the Billing section of Google Ads then?

Hi Matt,

I tried, but I don't see an option to remove them. I see the settings in Google Ads which lists two people from the prior provider as the Payment Users. When I click to manage the Payment Users, I see their info, but no option to remove them or add someone else.

I do see a place to add a new form of payment, but without changing the payment users, I suspect this would just change the old providers payment info and give them access to my banking info.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks again!!
Kurt

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom