More threads by Greg Schueler

Solutions
Reaction score
I haven't had to request ownership of a service area business (SAB) recently, so not sure if this is normal or a glitch.

So when I go into my GMB account and click the add new location button, I start typing the name of the business and a drop-down of possible listings are presented. This is normal.

If I click a business with an address (Ex ""A" in image), the data pre-populates and when I click to process I get the "This listing is owned by someone else, do you want to request access..." and I can go from there to go through the request process.

However, If I click a listing with no address (a SAB), the fields do not populate and i can't proceed to the request access phase (Ex "B" in image). And if I manually fill in all the data, it will create a new listing (a duplicate) which is not good.

I was able to contact phone support for this and they are manually processing the "7-day" request, but just wondering if this is normal or a glitch?

SAB Claim Issue.png

SAB Claim Issue.png

It was a bug but I thought Google fixed it. I will ask.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom