More threads by Charles Chalk

Charles Chalk

Reaction score
Hello LSF,

I have just started working for a multi site business with 8 sports facility locations. (I'm new to local SEO)

My employer has recently taken over as the new operator of this business, so the name of our company is new but the sports facility location names remain the same.

The previous operator has many poor reviews, so I am trying to understand if we are allowed to start a fresh and create new listings for each of our locations or will this cause more issues and be seen as duplication?

Many thanks,
Charles

You should be able to get the former listings marked as permanently closed and then you can create new listings for the new brand.

He said the company named changed as well, so that would likely be considered a rebrand.

• Love
Reactions: Jac
Ah, I must have misinterpreted because he said the "sports facility location name remains unchanged". But yes, if rebranding, then definitely close the old listing with poor reviews.

Ok so, it appears a rather unhelpful colleague has already connected the new business to 3 of the old operators listings which means we have inherited the poor/historic reviews!

Is there anything that can be done to rescind this and start a fresh listing for these 3 sites as we are a new operator?

Many thanks,
Charles

Hey Charles,

At this point, you'd need to work with the GMB support team to see if the reviews can be removed.

Hey Charles,

At this point, you'd need to work with the GMB support team to see if the reviews can be removed.

Do you think it is possible to get prior restaurants reviews that the GBP inherited? There are lots of 2-5yr old reviews that were for the old restaurant.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom