More threads by StefanEarly

StefanEarly

Reaction score
Hi Local Experts,

I have a client who owns and runs a successful Auto Detailing business.

However, he has decided to change the services he offers and that requires changing the business name as well.

The business is called bespoke detailing, and the domain is bespokedetailing.com.au

He wants to stop offering detailing and solely provide paint protection services including ceramic coating and paint protection film or PPF.

The new business name is Bespoke Vehicle Protection and the domain will be bespokevehicleprotection.com.au

As his current website is ranking locally, especially for paint protection film, does anyone have any suggestions about how to best manage the change in business and domain names without losing his rankings?

I am a little worried about this because I believe there is a certain amount of risk involved in changing them, however he does not wish to provide detailing services anymore as they are holding him back from focusing on the work he is most skilled at and profitable for his business.

I was planning to do redirects, but maybe there are some other things that might help in mitigating the change.

All replies are greatly appreciated :)

It doesn't sound like he wants to rank for the same things as he did before, so you probably would want to start over and close down the other one.

Getting Google to recategorize an existing business and have it rank for A when it used to rank for B is very difficult.

It doesn't sound like he wants to rank for the same things as he did before, so you probably would want to start over and close down the other one.

Getting Google to recategorize an existing business and have it rank for A when it used to rank for B is very difficult.

Hi Joy, thanks so much for your reply, that's really helpful. The only problem is he is currently receiving regular leads through his website for paint protection film (which he wants) he just does not want to continue providing the detailing cleaning service any longer. We are trying to weigh up the risk around losing his current rankings for the services he wants to rank for if we change the business and domain name. I plan to redirect his good pages, however I presume he will probably lose his rankings if we make this change.

I would make make the pages on the new site as identical to the ranking pages as possible and then redirect the existing pages to the new ones when you make the site switch. The toughest part will be updating the business profile if you have to update the name and website. I would do it in stages.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom