More threads by Ryan Steinolfson

Reaction score
We currently have the primary category as real estate agent and secondary as real estate agency.
Can anyone confirm if changing the primary category on GBP from "real estate agent" to "real estate agency" would cause a problem or potentially result in an account suspension?
Would changing the primary category to real estate agency make a difference in terms of Google ranking?

We have tested this a few times and both categories appear to work fine. We didn't notice much improvement/decline when swapping the primary category from one to the other.

Thanks for your response @JoyHawkins.

Another question, is if the business primary category is currently "Law Firm" and the secondary category is "criminal justice attorney".

Can I change the primary category to "criminal justice attorney" and then set the secondary category as "Law Firm"? Does it make a difference in terms of Google ranking?

Can I change the primary category to "criminal justice attorney" and then set the secondary category as "Law Firm"? Does it make a difference in terms of Google ranking?
Yes. It makes a huge difference when it comes to ranking for criminal lawyer terms.

We have tested this a few times and both categories appear to work fine. We didn't notice much improvement/decline when swapping the primary category from one to the other.

I know I'm the weirdo here operating out of Quebec, but it's worth pointing out this is a quirk of English because "agent" and "agency" are such close words and "realtors" is not a targetable keyword due to realtors.ca.

In French, there is a HUGE difference between the equivalent terms and you will absolutely want to use "real estate agent" (FR: courtier immobilier) as your primary category.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom