More threads by keyserholiday

keyserholiday

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
So a spammer that I have been monitoring for creating fake profiles with fake reviews just shocked me with the best fail at online reviews. It appears that they used ChatGPT to write replies to negative reviews. However, they were posted as positive reviews. I am in stitches because two of the reviews, were basically, sorry we suck, use Google to find a better garage door company.

Google deactivated 9 of the 10 profiles, but the reviews are still. I will be interesting to see how long they remain live.

ai fail.jpg

sorry we suck go elsewhere.jpg

Might want to advise the Right Way owner to consider changing his name, does he realize how similar it is to the infamous Right Away empire? lol

Might want to advise the Right Way owner to consider changing his name, does he realize how similar it is to the infamous Right Away empire? lol

I can’t even get him to listen to me and fix his business name on Google. I too thought it was the scammer when I first saw the reviews.

I was wrong. This was not a mistake, and this is a new form of a review attack.
I don't see the point. How does this "attack" harm the business owner by giving them 5-star ratings? The reviews sound dumb, but they are not posted under the name of the business, so I'm not sure that would harm the business owner either. 🤷‍♂️

I don't see the point. How does this "attack" harm the business owner by giving them 5-star ratings? The reviews sound dumb, but they are not posted under the name of the business, so I'm not sure that would harm the business owner either. 🤷‍♂️

When a consumer sees that ten poorly written reviews were posted in a row and reads them as failed attempts at review replies, that will turn off a customer and do as the reviews state, go back to Google, and look for a different business. The garage door industry is becoming super competitive, and the spammers are trying everything to gain any advantage. I suspect the people behind it are members of the private facebook group and this was retaliation for getting a fraudulent LSA profile removed.

When a consumer sees that ten poorly written reviews were posted in a row and reads them as failed attempts at review replies, that will turn off a customer and do as the reviews state, go back to Google, and look for a different business.

Thanks for replying. That's now how I would have read them, but I can see how it could confuse a prospective customer.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom