More threads by Ben Walsh

Ben Walsh

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hey Local SEOs,

What are your thoughts on these cheap SEO packages that say they will rank you in 30 days etc., with unlimited clicks and calls? What id like to do is get a thread going where we have a bunch of Local SEO experts giving an honest opinion about this type of stuff that we can show clients whenever they believe all SEO is equal.

This is an example a client sent

Google Organics Marketing (Landing Pages SEO)

Sample Landing Page:
Landing Page
* 5 Cities of your choice
* 5 Landing pages (Web Pages)
* 10 Keywords for each area
* 30 Days Guaranteed top page results on Google!!!
* Unlimited Clicks, Leads, and Calls
* Smartphone Friendly Pages
* No Contract
* Price: $250.00/Mo (Flat)

It would be great to have a thread we could all refer to our clients that shows what the majority of Local SEOs think of these cheap packages, giving some 3rd party perspective when justifying your package costs.

Solution
Offering a guarantee when it comes to SEO is the same as offering a guarantee when it comes to investing your money. It's impossible to guarantee a certain outcome.

It's possible to guarantee that you will do the things you say you're going to do, so as far as the process goes, there's things you can guarantee, but never the outcome.

Anytime you see an agency offering guarantees around performance and using words such as unlimited clicks and leads, I would run.
Offering a guarantee when it comes to SEO is the same as offering a guarantee when it comes to investing your money. It's impossible to guarantee a certain outcome.

It's possible to guarantee that you will do the things you say you're going to do, so as far as the process goes, there's things you can guarantee, but never the outcome.

Anytime you see an agency offering guarantees around performance and using words such as unlimited clicks and leads, I would run.

Solution
Hey Local SEOs,

What are your thoughts on these cheap SEO packages that say they will rank you in 30 days etc., with unlimited clicks and calls? What id like to do is get a thread going where we have a bunch of Local SEO experts giving an honest opinion about this type of stuff that we can show clients whenever they believe all SEO is equal.

It would be great to have a thread we could all refer to our clients that shows what the majority of Local SEOs think of these cheap packages, giving some 3rd party perspective when justifying your package costs.

They are offering the 30 Days Guaranteed top page results on Google!!! probably because they are determining the keywords, not you.

I'd stay away from anyone that offers guaranteed seo/marketing services. My mailbox is full of this type of emails.

Hey Local SEOs,

I tell my clients. Here is the work involved. Now tell me "do you think i can pay my employees or myself enough money if i only charged 250 a month for this service"?

10 clients will be 2500..

Makes no sense at all.

quality over quantity.

If a client cannot realize this, let them go. Quality services win everytime. Some clients are just not meant to stay clients.

I would be wary of all-inclusive packages that are cheap and promise a lot.

That being said, it is entirely possible to do local SEO cost effectively.

The 80/20 rule applies here.

80% of your effort will be achieved from 20% of your effort.

Focus on where you put your budget. This requires granular control of your SEO process.

Take advantage of individual services that have very specific and focused deliverables at decent prices.

Doing this, you can put together your own monthly schedule for yourself or your clients at a price that would be better, and the results would be much trackable.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom