More threads by AndySimpson

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
While you're in a GMB dashboard, on "Home" check "Businesses like yours are posting!" - have a look to see who's posting and if they are using the old favorite of keywords in the business name, edit/report accordingly.

gmb-post-keyword-spotted.png

I always find this area interesting to see who Google considers to be "businesses like me"....and if we can be better!

Cheers

Good tip.

In general they seem to match up but I've found that sometimes the businesses 'like yours' are not directly related. Not sure if it's the other listings that have odd matching categories that makes the algo want to match them though

For example, I checked a private investigator and Google showing businesses like yours that are lawyers. Another example of a funeral home showing on an insurance agency listing in that section.

In general they seem to match up but I've found that sometimes the businesses 'like yours' are not directly related. Not sure if it's the other listings that have odd matching categories that makes the algo want to match them though

Thanks Yan, yeah, like many things in GMB "like yours" is not always taken literally :sneaky:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom