More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone having any tips for finding new local back links and citations in 2023?

Solution
You only the core citations, Google, FB, Yelp, AppleMaps, Yahoo, and Bing. I recommend using either BrightLocal or Whitespark. I would search on Google for the directory sites that show up for your terms and get added to those ones.
You only the core citations, Google, FB, Yelp, AppleMaps, Yahoo, and Bing. I recommend using either BrightLocal or Whitespark. I would search on Google for the directory sites that show up for your terms and get added to those ones.

Solution
You can definitely use a service such as BrightLocal or Whitespark to create the citations for you/client. If you prefer to do this yourself or if you don't have the budget, I'd recommend searching a few lists such as top citation sites + country or best directories + country - you'll find lists like this to work off of: Top 50 General Citation Sites, The 50 Best Local Business Listing Directories (Citations) in the USA. If you're looking specifically to build links in a given city, you can also search for local directories - something like London business directories or use search operators such as intitle:London business directory

You just have to constantly be testing and looking closely at what others are using to rank.

Look at what folks are doing in your niche in the most competitive areas: Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco. Looking at the sites ranking here, you can get better insight into what they're using to rank with.

We have a tool that will show you 1,500+ different citation sources by region, you can check this out as well: Local Citation Builder 3.0

Also try a search for city + directory if you're in a bigger market. A lot of the larger cities in the US have a few location specific ones you can find that way.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom