More threads by G_rankTank

G_rankTank

Reaction score
Hey there everyone! hope everyone is feeling well. I have been looking at getting into web design and local seo.

i was driving to work today and thought about creating a local websie directory. after doing some research. a lot of people say " dont, its a dead business model"

But Everyday i see. Yelp, homeadvisor, angies, porch, houzz, thumbtack etc...

these are all basically "Directories" that sell leads.

but anywhoo. wanted to hear your opinion. Do you think a local or niche directory is profitable in 2023? or do you think that google maps is taking over local search?

thanks in advance for reading!

😊

Solution
Since you don't have a background in Local SEO, I will say don't do it. You are already way late to the game and a lot of online directories have fallen by the wayside and died out. More and more businesses and Local SEOs are moving away from low-level directories and citations as they don't move the needle or bring any value. Listen to the people telling you not to.
Since you don't have a background in Local SEO, I will say don't do it. You are already way late to the game and a lot of online directories have fallen by the wayside and died out. More and more businesses and Local SEOs are moving away from low-level directories and citations as they don't move the needle or bring any value. Listen to the people telling you not to.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom