More threads by silverweb

silverweb

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My client's business name has a city name where he wants to rank his business. Obviously, the keywords he wants to rank with the city name. So, I am a bit confused about adding a city name to his business name in the title tag.

For example, a business name is: Plus Bathroom Perth

The keyword is: Bathroom Renovations Perth

Is it a good practice to add city multiple times in the title tag like Bathroom Renovations Perth - Plus Bathroom Perth

currently, we are using: Bathroom Renovations Perth - Plus Bath

I guess it is stopping us from ranking in the top positions since the keyword is wandering around 10-11 close to page 1 for months now.

Also, how much impact of structure date has on the rankings?

Your comments will be appreciated. :)

Thanks

Solution
Should you include your brand name in the title tag on every page? No. You do not need to do this on every page, but you should always include your brand name on the homepage title tag at the very end. Don’t worry if it causes you to go over the character limit (that really doesn’t matter). When you include it, it will make sure your selling points & keywords are included when someone searches for your brand.

If you don’t include your brand name in the title tag, Google will often just remove your title altogether and show the user the brand name when they do brand searches.
Should you include your brand name in the title tag on every page? No. You do not need to do this on every page, but you should always include your brand name on the homepage title tag at the very end. Don’t worry if it causes you to go over the character limit (that really doesn’t matter). When you include it, it will make sure your selling points & keywords are included when someone searches for your brand.

If you don’t include your brand name in the title tag, Google will often just remove your title altogether and show the user the brand name when they do brand searches.

Solution

Thanks @Colan Nielsen

Thats make sense.

There is one more thing:
I am seeing some of our competitors have bolded the target phrases and linked back to the page itself from the target phrase and they are ranking on the top. The weird thing is the website doesn't work for a couple of months now.

Two algorithms have been released by Google since then, and that website still standing there like a rock.

Is it a good strategy to bold the phrases and link back to the page itself?

Thanks

I am seeing some of our competitors have bolded the target phrases and linked back to the page itself from the target phrase and they are ranking on the top. The weird thing is the website doesn't work for a couple of months now.
Can see an example?

Can see an example?

Thanks mate, the website i was talking about its not working and still No1, I have been noticing it since last 2 years, plent of updates released by google, but they are intact. However, I am sending this from other website which has done similar thing to that stie. It is also on page one. Bolding phrases has improved one of my clients rankings, but not sure about linking back to the same page.

1670821448268.png

Thank you for the screenshot. Those are internal links and they help a lot. It's not the bolded per se that is helping, but the internal link itself and the anchor text.

Thank you for the screenshot. Those are internal links and they help a lot. It's not the bolded per se that is helping, but the internal link itself and the anchor text.

Thanks @Colan Nielsen

So it is good to have an internal link to the same page from the same with an exact anchor?
These 2 websites have bolded and internal links for their exact target keyword and ranking on the top.

I don't see the point of an internal link linking to the same page that the link is already on if that's what you mean.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom