More threads by idealalter73

idealalter73

Reaction score
I have a garage door repair client. He has a legit business with an office. He is google guaranteed and has been through advanced verification for both google ads and local services. His map listing got suspended a month ago. After scouring the terms and conditions I can only think of the following issues, however, they are not editable in the dashboard now since they are suspended. Here are the issues:
  • Business Name: His official business name is GC Garage Corp, but the GMB listing is GC Garage Doors Corp. This however, is no longer editable.
  • Phone Number: He likes to have a different tracking number for all of his advertizing. Therefore, the GMB number doesn't match the website number. no longer editable
  • Description: There is a line in the services that has a description saying that "garage door replacement starts at $500!" no longer editable.
  • Those are all things I think are possibly an issue. Other than that, he has a registered, insured, garage door repair business that now has a suspended listing with all of his 80 something reviews. He has seen a big drop in calls due to losing this high performing google map. I did appeal, but obviously that didn't go anywhere. I read the suggestion in the article to go to the office and do a video walkthrough. However, the GMB profile already has pictures of the entrance with signage and pictures in the office. In the screen shot below, notice the greyed out areas that I can not edit.
  • 1596727333491.png

@idealalter73:

1. I wonder about the address: exactly what kind it is, and whether it's GMB-compliant.

2. If there's another garage door business at that address, or a similarly named business (e.g. "GC Contracting") at that address, or another GC Garage Doors GMB page anywhere nearby, you can run into problems.

3. The phone numbers need to match, at least between GMB, the website, and various other listings (e.g. YP, BBB, Facebook, etc.)

4. Speaking of which, your non-Google listings (at least on the well-known sites) also need to use the current address. For example: G.C. Garage Door Inc. | Better Business Bureau® Profile. Without that backstop of non-Google listings that corroborate what's on your GMB page, the GMB page is more likely to look like cranked-out spam to Google, even if it's not.

Whatsup Phil,
1) I've considered the address too. It is a space rented within another business. However, it does have its own entrance and signage. It was used in the video verification. Still, I considered having him switch it to a service area business with hidden address...Again, can't do it now...
2) No garage door companies at that location. However, there are a bunch of GC's. Including GC garage of which there are 3 in chicagoland (music intrument place). He also has his former gmb location in Westchester that is listed as permanently closed.
3) I can definately go through a change his citations to a singular number.
4) That is actually a different gc garage doors from some other part of the state. I see that it has merged with my clients gc garage doors, grr...

Thank you again, I'll get some of this stuff straightened. Still not sure what to do about not being able to edit the listing anymore.

I would suggest doing a video of the location and sending it in when you file a reinstatement form.

@idealalter73:

1. I wonder about the address: exactly what kind it is, and whether it's GMB-compliant.

2. If there's another garage door business at that address, or a similarly named business (e.g. "GC Contracting") at that address, or another GC Garage Doors GMB page anywhere nearby, you can run into problems.

3. The phone numbers need to match, at least between GMB, the website, and various other listings (e.g. YP, BBB, Facebook, etc.)

4. Speaking of which, your non-Google listings (at least on the well-known sites) also need to use the current address. For example: G.C. Garage Door Inc. | Better Business Bureau® Profile. Without that backstop of non-Google listings that corroborate what's on your GMB page, the GMB page is more likely to look like cranked-out spam to Google, even if it's not.
Phil, regarding your comment on #3 - is call tracking a problem then? We use call tracking for Google PPC and for Google organic traffic to the site so the number swaps depending on where the traffic is coming from.

@Toby 39 Celsius, when it's done in a limited sense (like what you describe), no. DNI won't mess you up, nor will AdWords call extensions. Where people run into problems is if the number used on GMB isn't on the website and they use a different tracking number for each non-Google local listing (e.g. Yelp, Facebook, YP, etc.).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom