More threads by Blueviolet38

Blueviolet38

Solutions
Reaction score
Here is the situation. The virtual address company my client used to verify their GMB contacted them to move their address to a nearby location in the same city. From the end of April, they will no longer be able to receive mail at the old virtual address. I'm aware that this is all against Google guidelines, but they are not located in the area so don't have an office. The client has 15 Google reviews and lots of citations.

Should I:

1. Leave the address as is but arrange for a bill/DBA with this address to be sent to the current address before the end of April in case of suspension ( even though this is still against T&C, it may help with reinstatement when/if they are suspended)

2. Move the GMB to the new virtual address, update citations etc.

Both options are far from ideal, I know. Advice on this is appreciated.

Solution
Hi @Blueviolet38! Not sure if you already saw this, but I remembered a previous thread from a few months ago that is a pretty good match for your question:

If there are additional questions you have, please reply back (y).
Hi @Blueviolet38! Not sure if you already saw this, but I remembered a previous thread from a few months ago that is a pretty good match for your question:

Solution

I think the address is not hidden on the GBP, though, which is what they mean. Unless the mail reception is key to their business, I would just hide the address on the GBP and not concern myself too much with the citations.

Just be aware of the recently discovered bug when moving a SAB, where sometimes you get ranking that use different addresses depending on whether the address is shown or hidden.

The address is hidden actually, I should have mentioned that.

I'm leaning toward moving the address now.

I'll likely update the citations after verification as we can't be sure Google will verify the new virtual address.

Your client needs to set up a new business profile that adheres to the TOS and then work with support to get the reviews moved to the new profile.

I'll look at legit options for the client. Would updating the address on the current business profile to a legit one be okay or should we start from scratch?

My plan is as follows. Posting here to sanity-check it.

1. Create a new GMB at a legit address under the same business name and verify it. Should I use the same email for this as the old GMB?
2. Update the citations when verification is complete.
2. Contact Google to request that reviews from the old GMB are moved to the new GMB. Is there a specific form for this?

Random question: They also have an active LSA, is any action needed here?

My plan is as follows. Posting here to sanity-check it.

1. Create a new GMB at a legit address under the same business name and verify it. Should I use the same email for this as the old GMB?
2. Update the citations when verification is complete.
2. Contact Google to request that reviews from the old GMB are moved to the new GMB. Is there a specific form for this?

Random question: They also have an active LSA, is any action needed here?

Update the address of the original GBP to the new address. Google will make you verify by pin postcard. While you are awaiting the pin, update all of the citations.

You shouldn't be creating a SAB at a VO. If they have access to the profile and get a real office with signage, show the address.

Since your client is in the US, Google will force them to use video verification for the new profile. Only they can do it. Once verified, remove all users from the original business profile and contact Google to merge the two profiles. I dm'd you with some helpful information.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom