More threads by Rachelja

Rachelja

Reaction score
Hi,

I would really appreciate any help we can get on this!

Our apartment management company is buying a new complex. This particular place had a bad management company and we are changing a lot for the better. We are changing the name and will be rebranding. But, the leasing office is at the same address.

Now for the question, the google reviews are at 2.5 star for over 180 reviews. We'd love to start fresh, do you think we can mark this location as permanently closed and open a new google my business account? If yes, should there be a waiting period of when we close it to when we start a new profile?

Again, it will have a new name, new website, under new management - but same address.

Hey, since it's new name, management, website etc, you can mark the old one as closed. You can start the new profile up to 90 days before it officially opens. I'd close the old one as soon as it's officially closed.

Thank you Colan for your response!
I'm so happy to hear that, but I'm worried that Google is going to merge the listings together since it's the same exact address. Do you know what usually happens in these cases?

Really appreciate your time!

That shouldn't be an issue since all the other information is different.

Thought: Is it being marked as closed by the previous admin (Owner level) Google account that you presently have the login for, and then a new listing created with the same Google account? (That *could*(?) potentially have an impact. I am guessing though.)

Thought: Is it being marked as closed by the previous admin (Owner level) Google account that you presently have the login for, and then a new listing created with the same Google account? (That *could*(?) potentially have an impact. I am guessing though.)

I would love to hear more about what you think it can have an impact on! Do you think it would be more helpful if we close it on the owner's level? I'm still working on this.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom