More threads by Shelly

Shelly

Reaction score
I am helping a legitimate vacation rental office optimize its listing. Looking at the map results, there are massive numbers of vacation rental homes showing as individual listings. I know this is against Google Guidelines:

Ineligible businesses
The following businesses are not eligible for a Business Profile:

• Rental or for-sale properties such as vacation homes, model homes, or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.
  • An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent.
  • Lead generation agents or companies.
I have fought these in the past with no luck. Does anyone have insight into if it is possible to remove vacation rental listings from the maps results? If so, how? Suggest an Edit never seems to work for this type of spam fighting. My client is in a high tourism area so competition is fierce. Any advice is welcome, including "there is nothing you can do."

Solution
@Shelly I have not used it for this scenario. I was just throwing it out there because you mentioned Suggest an Edit didn't work. Spam fighting is definitely an uphill battle so you need to use everything you can.
@Shelly I have not used it for this scenario. I was just throwing it out there because you mentioned Suggest an Edit didn't work. Spam fighting is definitely an uphill battle so you need to use everything you can.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom