More threads by GoogleMapsIsFun

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I noticed competitor pins were moved for a specific profile. It was a bit odd to me but I thought they probably did a mistake. A few weeks later (today), I check my profile and noticed our pin was moved to a different town an hour away from our local city. I checked other competitors and noticed the same thing for multiple profiles. I tried reverting mine to my address and it resulted in my profile being unverified. We’ve had 5 star reviews and used Local Service Ads for two years. I tried using an appeal link I found on another forum thread, but it says “

No Info Found​

The tool has no moderated content to appeal. Learn more about how to appeal Business Profile moderation decisions.”

What should I do? I’m losing business by not generating leads, and I’m a bit worried I’ll lose my profile and rankings. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you!

The tool is only for suspended profiles, if your profile is unverified you simply need to follow the verification prompts Google gives you in the dashboard to get re-verified. Just double-check the address is correct in the dashboard + the pin is in the right place now.

In the future, if your pin gets moved, do NOT change it in the GBP dashboard or else it could cause this reverification again or even a suspension. Instead, edit it directly in maps.

The tool is only for suspended profiles, if your profile is unverified you simply need to follow the verification prompts Google gives you in the dashboard to get re-verified. Just double-check the address is correct in the dashboard + the pin is in the right place now.

In the future, if your pin gets moved, do NOT change it in the GBP dashboard or else it could cause this reverification again or even a suspension. Instead, edit it directly in maps.

Thank you for the information. We currently have our home address displaying to boost local rankings, although no commercial signage. Do you know if by any chance, when we send the video proving our location and equipment, if we’ll be punished for this or if this will be corrected on our profile and won’t be able to do it in the future? I can’t disable the address before verifying as I can’t make changes to my profile until we do verify.

Hard to say, if the address was showing before with no issue I don't see a reason Google would remove it - but if you do not have permanent signage at this location it might be tough to pass the video verification. Did you have to video verify originally, or did you use another method?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom