NexstarNickR

LocalU Member
Reaction score
I have a company I am working with who has a 1.5/5 star rating on Consumers' Checkbook, even though it says 67% of people gave them a "Superior" overall rating.

Has anyone dealt with Consumers' Checkbook before? Everything seems to be behind a paywall (both to leave and access reviews), even though they push the overall star rating out on SEO.

Is this a "pay for positivity" platform? Has anyone worked with them before? I would love to hear the thoughts from the community!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I've never had to deal with them but I'll ask around and see if anyone else has.

NexstarNickR

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joy! I saw your tweet this morning, so hopefully we find something!

I'm getting a vibe like I get with Yelp, where they seem to have bad reviews of companies but you don't get any context from either side unless they get some cash.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Do you have an example where you can't view the reviews? I tried a few businesses and I can see the ratings publicly.

NexstarNickR

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Do you have an example where you can't view the reviews? I tried a few businesses and I can see the ratings publicly.

My member was concerned that they had 41 reviews, 67% gave them a "superior" overall rating, and yet they are listed as a 1.5/5 star company. And this is showing up page one for brand searches for them.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Have you tried tweeting to the company? The schema is probably wrong and this should be something they could fix. They were super responsive to my tweet this morning.

NexstarNickR

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Have you tried tweeting to the company? The schema is probably wrong and this should be something they could fix. They were super responsive to my tweet this morning.
Haha I just did that. We will see if I get a response there. It doesn't seem like many others have experiences with this site, though...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom