djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Convert Existing HTML Site Design To A WordPress Theme In 10 Seconds
by Dazzlin' Donna
May 29, 2012

One of my most popular posts lately is my guide that shows you how to convert a static HTML site to WordPress. In that post, however, I note that it doesn?t convert the actual design of the site; it converts the content. You?ll need to start fresh with a new theme or convert the design yourself. This post is the answer to that problem.

How To Convert Your Existing HTML Site Design or Template To A WordPress Theme in 10 Seconds Flat ? For Free
There?s a new tool out there folks, and it works really well. I?ve tested it and I?m going to show you step by step screenshots of the design conversion I just did for one of my old HTML, hand-coded, non-WordPress sites. Now remember, this is just the DESIGN portion. I wanted to convert the design to a WordPress theme, and the Themematcher tool worked amazingly well. Take a look for yourself. I?ll show you what my old site looks like, then show you each step I took to convert it to a WordPress theme, and how it looks afterwards.

Read more...

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks David!

And if anyone needs help with WP, David is your man!

Greg Schueler

Reaction score
That plugin is a life saver! I just did a conversion for a 261 page site and without that plugin I would still be working away.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Does it really copy the design detail-for-detail? Nothing missing?

Also, that lady has some incredible articles. I couldn't find where to sign up for her email list though to get automatic blog updates? Can anyone else find it?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Donna rocks! Used to read her a lot back in my affiliate management days.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Converting some threads to Question and Answer threads Admin Stuff 3
djbaxter Critical Vulnerability Patched in Convert Plus Plugin v 3.4.3 Websites, Software, and Security 0
Rich Owings Great blogs that don't convert Organic SEO 2
djbaxter Static HTML to WordPress site converter Websites, Software, and Security 0
Garrett Sussman How To Turn Your Reviews Into Web Copy That Converts Like Crazy Local Reviews 2
Mike NCM Need advice on converting a 'blackhat' site to 'whitehat' Local Search 6
Garrett Sussman How Sales Teams Can Use Online Reviews to Convert Prospects Local Reviews 0
Tim Colling Convert Google brand page to local page Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet 25 Experts Reveal their Top Secrets for Converting SEO Leads Into Clients Consultant's Corner 0
djbaxter Coming Summer 2015: Converting your sites to https via Let's Encrypt Mobile & Social 0
L Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages that Rank & Convert - Moz Local Content 0
Linda Buquet Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages that Rank & Convert - Moz Local Content 0
360 Spin Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages That Really Rank and Convert Local Search 0
Greg Bernhardt User asked a question... Q&A area does not exist in brand panel Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Matt Chauhan Google Maps showing category that doesn't even exist Local Search 1
J New client with existing spam Moving or Name Changes 7
valentinb13 No support follow up on getting access to/ownership of existing listings Help & Support for Google Local 2
K I Need Guidance on How to Handle a Law Practice Buyout & Existing GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
K Law Practice Buyout and Existing Citations Citations 4
E BING - Claiming existing listings causes a DUPE? Citations 3
P Existing location is from another brand Google Duplicates & Merges 2
Noelle Leahy When to add a new location to the existing website and when to start a second website Google Local 101 7
Rich Owings How to tell if a Factual listing exists? Citations 4
Conor Treacy Report Business "Doesn't Exist" - does it work? Google My Business & Google Maps 12
L Which is easier to rank? Claim existing listing or create new listing? Ranking Puzzles 2
ganapathy How to Update New Business Address in Existing GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C Proper Way To Remove Address of Pre-existing Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
marcusdb GMB duplicate marked as "Place Doesn't Exist" - can you recover the deleted listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 2
S SEO - New Cities - Build on existing page or new URL Organic SEO 9
WAHamilton Category that competitor is using doesn't exist...? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
N How to remove weird location that doesn't exist? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Conor Treacy GMB Comparison Tool (& Facebook too) - Does it exist any more? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
P Bulk Verification with existing unverified GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Garrett Sussman 10 Amazon Review Features That Should Exist On Every Review Site Local Reviews 3
J Merging Existing GMB accounts/pages Google My Business & Google Maps 6
MiriamEllis Does Google 'My Places' Still Exist? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R Claim Existing GMB listing vs Edit in Google Maps/Mapmaker, then claim? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
G Does Anyone Know If Something Like This Exists?... Local Search 4
Dustybones Local Directories See Drop - Opportunities Still Exist though Citations 1
F Relocated label still exist? Moving or Name Changes 3
freerunr Relocated label still exist? Moving or Name Changes 3
Scott Rawlins Update Existing Citations or Create New? Citations 8
K Duplicate listing. I see it, but Google says it doesn't exist. Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Lloyd Silver How To Handle National Business With Existing G+ Page That Also Markets Locally Google My Business & Google Maps 5
seoWest Category Does Not Exist Google My Business & Google Maps 6
C Replacing an existing domain from a Google Places Account Help & Support for Google Local 3
L How to claim a pre existing listing and edit it Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T Google+ Local Bulk Upload Merge with already existing listings? Local Search 11
Linda Buquet New Google Dashboard Rolling out to Existing Places Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Marie Ysais How to move rankings up on older existing content, SEOMOZ whiteboard Friday. Local Search 0