More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
My SERP has gone bonkers this morning. Anyone else experiencing this? Kind of hard to tell from the screengrab, but that's the first page of a search result.

Kind of long, eh?

crazy serp.jpg

crazy serp.jpg

We figured this out - it was only when you logged into a specific account that had their settings set to show 100 results per page.

Sorry for all the hype. It appears that it's due to a setting in the account that specifies to display 100 results per page.

Well, the good thing is that this could be a great tool to quickly analyze the first 10 pages of organic results.

Cheers

Well, the good thing is that this could be a great tool to quickly analyze the first 10 pages of organic results.

Don't quote me on this, but it seems like in the past I've noticed that rankings/results will vary when you choose to display more than the standard 10. I would just double check this before using that setting to analyze the "first 10 pages".

Don't quote me on this, but it seems like in the past I've noticed that rankings/results will vary when you choose to display more than the standard 10. I would just double check this before using that setting to analyze the "first 10 pages".

Good point, Eric.

Yes I remember doing some comparisons and in the past at least there were inconsistencies when you set to more search results.

There are slight variances here and there. But most scrapers and rank trackers work off of results set to 100.

You can actually use a couple of cool similar search settings to see some results without some local penalties - I don't have enough data of penalized local listings to determine what penalties though...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom