Sean

Reaction score
I'm customizing a design for my clients google plus page. I want to have a good call to action for calling. Is it against the terms of service to have the companies phone number in the main banner area? Is there anywhere where I can find the guidelines so I know I'm not breaking any rules?

Thanks

Sean

Reaction score
Hi thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it.

What I mean by main banner is the main picture in google plus local, you can choose to have a bunch of little pictures or have one main image. On that main image I was planning on putting the companies phone number.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you are talking about a LOCAL Google+ page instead of a Google+ Local page. It's kinda confusing but they are different. (Google+ Local is also known as a Place page and that's the guidelines that Colan linked to above.)

But I think the Local Google+ Page is what you are talking about. Because that's the one where you can set a banner. It's a Google+ Business page with the category set as local. Here are the help docs but I don't see anything about image guidelines. Create a local Google+ page - Google+ Help

But I doubt having an image with a phone # is advisable. Why do you want to do it? I don't see it boosting call volume or conversion rates just having phone# in an image??? :confused:

Sean

Reaction score
Hey Linda,

Thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it. I guess I was just thinking it would be really easy for the client to call, but I think your right. Anyway I just wanted to see what the polices were on that.

Are the local google + page, and the google+ local page going to combine eventually? I guess that's where I'm a bit confused.

Thanks again

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Yep they will soon combine. Right now we are just at sort of a 1/2 way merge. Then G+ Local pages will upgrade to full G+ pages. OR if you already have both you'll be able to merge together.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Google Allows a Custom List of Services to GMB Listings Service Area Businesses 14
djbaxter Bank employee gives customer's business negative Google Review after frustrating phone call Local Reviews 1
L Google now allows Site Owners to Customize the Search Results Snippets, but what can be customized? Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
Cordell Crowley New? Google Auto-Generating "Suggested Post" w/ Customer Review Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins Do Custom Google Maps Help Ranking? Local Search 13
Digitaldar Can Customers Change Their Google Review of a Business? Local Search 1
kbone Redirecting Customers to Google Rating/Review Box... Local Reviews 0
L What strategies do you use to increase customer reviews on your client's Google page? Local Reviews 8
Linda Buquet Google Polling Customers via the Maps App - Wonder if they'll display that data Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Say What? Google Says Don't add Review Markup to your Customer Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Linda Buquet Creating Custom Google Maps with Google Maps Engine Google My Business & Google Maps 10
A Now Missing - Customize & Preview Embedded Map in Google Classic Maps - Workaround Google My Business & Google Maps 56
ColoradoChris Any benefits from adding keywords to custom Google url? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Dustybones Free Custom Google Analytic's Reports and Dashboards Local SEO Tools & Software 4
G Custom Google Places Categories? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
L Google would object or detect incentivized reviews from actual customers? Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Google May Charge for Google+ Custom URLs - Invites Rolling Out Local Search 4
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
djbaxter How To Use the new noindex and force redirect custom addon for threads Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter Testing new noindex and force redirect custom addon by TickTackk Admin Stuff 0
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
annatindal GMB Customer Uploaded Photos Question All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
S 1-star review (not by customer) Can this be removed? Local Reviews 9
T Will GMB consider a review placed by a customer who was taken to court for a Judgement recovered by the business as Spam or Fake Comment? Local Reviews 1
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
L Big Drop in the number of new reviews made by customers Local Reviews 1
Claire Carlile No 'message you' data showing in Customer actions Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Custom Map Creation and Their Effects on Ranking Google Local 101 3
M Customer Journey Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 1
rickvidallon Adding Custom Services to GMB Service Area Businesses 9
rickvidallon Replying to Customer Reviews on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 27
djbaxter Custom BBCode to force nofollow links Local Search Experts Forum 0
Chris Ratchford Anyone familiar w/ Advanced Custom Fields (for WordPress)? Consultant's Corner 6
Monica Simpson FB message for Customer service Citations 5
Ellen Organization Has GMB Listing but Serves No Customers Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JoshuaMackens Customer Heat Map Consultant's Corner 7
cleverlyengaged Multiple reviews from customers are not displaying on client's GMB profile. Nothing for 9 months. Local Reviews 6
J Customer requesting help with SEO optimization for "Customer Name" Keyword Ranking Google Local 101 9
R Free Webinar: How to Use Nextdoor to Reach Your Local Customers Events 0
Oliver Keates Should I be encouraging customers to leave a review on GMB Local Search 10
Garrett Sussman Turning Customers into Storytellers with Jay Baer Local Reviews 0
KevinJr LIKE your customers review? Local Reviews 4
W Checking The Box "I Also Serve Customers At This Business Address" Service Area Businesses 15
John Vuong What is the lifetime value of a customer in Local SEO? Local Search 4
AllSearch52 Calculating the value of 3 pack rankings for customers with no website Local Search 1
H Software to manage customer requests/Orders? Consultant's Corner 0