Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi. I am transitioning over from general internet marketing into getting clients for local. I have some questions about getting started with clients' information.

How do you deal with getting access to online profiles for example? I know that Managers can be added to Google products so I can still use my gmail to access, but do you ask for the login information for other social media platforms to be able to make changes and updates?

Also, is it common practice to ask them to provide you with a new email account (to sign up for different directories for adding citations for example) from their domain?

I just want to confirm what are the general practices in this regard.

Thanks

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
Yes, the easiest thing would be to have the login info for everything they have. Worst case, I have them invite me to become a manager. If creating a new G account, it's best to use a domain based email for citations.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Yosu Cadilla How do you deal with crappy photos on listings for remote clients? Consultant's Corner 3
H Dealing with a Difficult Client Consultant's Corner 6
Matt Chauhan How to deal with a business merger? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M What's the deal with ADA Website Compliance? Websites, Software, and Security 82
F How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews? Recycle Bin 0
raellovepie Review not intended for our company. How to deal with it? Local Reviews 3
LocalSEODat How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews? Local Reviews 32
jvaquino How do you deal with Local.com? Citations 13
JoshuaMackens New Way To Deal With Dupes? Google My Business & Google Maps 18
JoyHawkins How Do You Deal With Competitors That Get Fake Reviews? Local Reviews 7
djbaxter Google: Duplicate meta descriptions no big deal Organic SEO 0
S Dealing with third party order links for restaurants Google My Business & Google Maps 3
SEOExpertBrad Could use some advice dealing with a Local GMB spammer.... Local Search 2
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing What's the deal with truvista.yellowpages.com? spam? Marketing 2
B Dentist w/ 6 Possible Locations - How to Deal with Citations? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Dealing with "Unofficial" Facebook Business Pages Mobile & Social 12
L Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
Linda Buquet Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
Dustybones Got A bad Review? Here Are Some Tips on How to Deal With It Local Reviews 3
M Is it even worth the hassle dealing with a locksmith? Local Search 7
K "Hate us on Yelp" campaign to deal with negative reviews Local Search 11
W Dealing with SERPS guarantees? Consultant's Corner 8
D Dealing With Yellow Pages Adwords Ads Targeting Your Brand Name Marketing 0
Linda Buquet Named & Shamed on Yelp + How Google Maps are Made + Dealing with Fake Reviews Local Search 0
Dustybones MATT CUTTS: Discusses 404 and 410 errors and how Google deals with them. Local Search 0
JoyHawkins Haters and Critics: How to Deal with People Judging You and Your Work Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
Linda Buquet How Bad Do YP Ad Deals Suck for Local SEO? Local Search 8
Cam My Google+ Business Page Reviews keep dissapearing. How do I deal with this? Local Reviews 6
Colan Nielsen Bing Places Duplicates - How To Deal With Them Local Search 0
M Dealing with listings created by third parties (E.g. Yellow Pages) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Triple listing mayhem, how to deal with this? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Adam Triple listing mayhem, how to deal with this? Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Mike Wilton The Real Deal With Yelp Reviews and the Filter Mobile & Social 10
Colan Nielsen How to Deal with SPAM Mod Squad 1
L Moving Locations and Dealing with Local Search Moving or Name Changes 0
Linda Buquet Moving Locations and Dealing with Local Search Moving or Name Changes 0
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
J New client with existing spam Moving or Name Changes 7
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
CarrieHill Switchbird Solves Lead Nurturing & Client Communication for Agencies and Their Clients LSF News and Announcements 11